Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2012 Civic LX fuel gauge problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tealeaves14 is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 Civic LX fuel gauge problem?

I recently bought a used 2012 civic LX and it has been driving beautifully, until this morning when I drove to college. I had a normal half full tank when I drove to school, then a few hours later I left and noticed the tank said it was 3/4 full. Then, I stopped at a grocery store for maybe 20 minutes and when I started my car again the gauge said I had a full tank. Any ideas? I wasn't parked on any hills, the place I was parked was pretty much completely flat. There doesn't seem to be any other issues I've noticed. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Civic LX fuel gauge problem?

I have not personally heard of this complaint, and I did not see any relevant service info related to this complaint.

Check if the odometer, trip computer, fuel range, and fuel economy readings are still displayed on the IMID screen when this happens?

Get it to your dealer, hopefully you still have warranty coverage.