Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Can't Figure Out What's Wrong (multiple Problems)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YMSmitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't Figure Out What's Wrong (multiple Problems)

Hey guys,

I own a 2007 Honda Civic automatic. I'm new to owning my own car. (usually I would drive a company car that would continually get checked for maintenance so I wouldn't have to worry about anything) Anyway, I notice that when I'm driving on the highway 60mph and above sometimes I feel as if I lose slight control of the car and then quickly regain control. It is hard to explain. All I know is that I didn't have this problem when I bought the car.

Before this happened to me, it turned out that my rear tire was flat and I ended up losing the tire. (while driving) Also whenever I'm turning I'm hearing a slight clicking noise that is continuous. Once I straighten the wheel the noise goes away. Anyone have any idea what this could be and if I should take it to the shop to fix it?

Anyway these problems are interrelated? I just want to hear people's opinion as I have never owned a honda before this.
Old 11-11-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Can't Figure Out What's Wrong (multiple Problems)

Clicking sound while turning is generally a problem with the CV joint.
Old 11-11-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I notice that when I'm driving on the highway 60mph and above sometimes I feel as if I lose slight control of the car and then quickly regain control.
Gust of wind?
my rear tire was flat and I ended up losing the tire. (while driving)
That says a lot.

Maybe you are super-sensitive to all unusual feelings now?
(This happened with my ex after she hit a patch of ice on a bridge on an interstate and went spinning down into the median at the end of the bridge.)

a slight clicking noise
That described axle/CV joint issues.

HTH
Old 04-14-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fadypolus is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought CIVIC 2007 with 58xxx miles a month ago and I thought it will have me a lot with gas that doesn't happen because the car giving 210-220 for a full tank. my corolla sold with 120xxx miles it was giving 32-33 miles per gallon I check your site and get I should check the Air filter and spark plucks I did and now it giving 230-240 so I need a help please. the Air filter I got it by Honda dealer and spark plucks by AutoZone the most expensive one I paid 14.99 per each help me please I got tired with this car
Old 04-14-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

fadypolus, create your own thread, don't bring old threads from the dead and worse, they are unrelated to your issues.