Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

The wonderful world of not stopping

Old 10-22-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahamp1745 is an unknown quantity at this point
The wonderful world of not stopping

So im working with a problem here that i cant seem to put my finger on the exact cause of. First of i have an 09 civic sedan, 1.8L with 101k on it. So i took it to the dealer at like 80k because i had a click when i turned deep and it was obviously a cv joint problem...i had an extended warranty at the time which oddly enough didnt cover that, so my axles have been going bad for some time. Regardless today i am coming up to a stop sign and my car decides it doesnt want to stop. It felt like abs where it lets off the brakes, and i went out into the road before finally getting stopped. I was coming into the stop sign at like 10 miles an hour, def not abs territory. Then when I tried to start again it was like my right side wouldnt catch. This i could account to bad axles but that shouldn't keep me from stopping or affect abs. Any ideas on this would be great, i figure it has to be the axles, or maybe the caliper locking up.
Thanks in advance!
Old 10-23-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: The wonderful world of not stopping

So the axels were not replaced?

Check your brake fluid, see if it is low. Pull a wheel and see if you can see any uneven brake wear on the pads or if the rotors are worn uneven or not smooth.
Old 10-23-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahamp1745 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The wonderful world of not stopping

That is correct the axles are still the old ones, i am planning on putting on new ones this weekend. But that shouldnt have been what caused my braking problem which is what worried me, because i've had master cylinders go out in the past but i still had pedal it was just abs overload on it. I checked the rotors and pads everything looks fine, i changed out to more high performance pads and rotors about 4 months ago, and havent had anything happen for them to get warped. If you have any other ideas i'm happy to check to see if there is damage/wear, also i checked the brake fluid level, it was a little low (so i filled it) but shouldnt have been enough for air to get into the system.