Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Clutch pedal loose??

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoochrulez55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Clutch pedal loose??

Hey Honda fans, Hooch here, absolutely loving my 09 5 speed civic. Racing red! Anyways, heres my question. I've had the car for a few months now. Its my first stick shift vehicle. It has 96500km on the engine roughly. I have a question about the clutch pedal. Its not as stiff as it used to be. I do understand that the pedal needs an inch or two of free play, but it seems that the pedal is easier to get to the free play. Almost seems easier to put the pedal down now. Do i need to adjust the free play? Or can i just tighten the pedal from the inside of the vehicle? As far as i know, all parts are original. I bought it from a honda house dealer locally. So if i take it in to get this work done, (whatever it may be) since i have 6 year 120,000 honda certified, it should be covered because this is part of the transmission. No slipping or whining can be heard. So i know the clutch itself is okay. Its just the pedal. Maybe an adjustment or a spring or two getting loose? Does anyone have any ideas? Ill answer any questions you have. Help me please!!! Thanks in advance, Hooch
Old 09-15-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Clutch pedal loose??

The free play does need adjusting from time to time but not sure if it would be covered under warrenty since it is a normal wear item. It is low on clutch fluid?

It could be that you have gotten used to the clutch so it now feels softer even though it is not. I borrowed a truck with a clutch for a couple days and after driving it then going back to my civic my clutch felt like a feather compared to the trucks, which felt really stiff when I first started driving it.
Old 09-15-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

you have gotten used to the clutch so it now feels softer even though it is not.
This.

I suggest compare to an identical car.
Old 09-16-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoochrulez55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its probably cause im used to it lol. Fluid is fine.