Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Problems shifting into 1st gear

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leblanc is an unknown quantity at this point
Problems shifting into 1st gear

Hey readers,

I've posted before on this site with great success so here I am again.

Lately my civic 06 LX has been having issues shifting into 1st gear and sometimes on other gears as well, just a lot less frequent on the other gears. It has been getting harder and harder to shift into 1st gear over the past 2 weeks.

I have been reading around the sites but nothing really ever described my issues. Checked my clutch oil, full, transmission oil, full.

Today, while at a stop in traffic, it was working fine until I could no longer whatsoever put it into 1st. Flailing my arms around in the car (lol), I decided after about 30 seconds of brake, clutch, engage disengage to try and "unblock" what was happening, to no avail.

After it seemed like I had a bit of friction on the clutch, revving the engine at 2-3k made my car creep while in neutral. I knew it wasn't good, but I had to get out of the way from the road ragers (lol).

From what I have read around, I have no burned smell, no gear grind, no disengage from engaged gear while moving, so I am having issues diagnosing what is going on with my transmission system.

As I've said this has been progressive and today has been the tipping point. Before today I only had to go back to neutral and back into 1st and it was fine.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch

Leblanc
Old 07-21-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im Vibin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Problems shifting into 1st gear

New transmission, nothing else is the problem. I just replaced mine, payed 250 for the tranny at pull and pay and found a dude to replace it for 200. It's the transmission dude. Sooner or later it wont ever go in any gear or it would get stuck. Pop your hood and put your head near the tranny. There will be grinding sounds.