Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2010 honda civic ex pcv valve

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fpatrick is an unknown quantity at this point
2010 honda civic ex pcv valve

need some help am very frustrated and concerned. I replaced what my brother and I thought was the PCV valve and motor is making a strange noise now and I am starting to think what we replaced was not the PCV valve. My brother says it was and maybe the noise is the PVC now working when it wasn't working before. During the removal, the old part was accidently dropped and we have yet to locate the old part so unable to compare old and new. The Haynes manual that I have was not at all helpful in even locating the valve and I used the description someone gave of a 2006 Civic for the location which was left side of motor as facing open hood behind and below the valve cover. On my 2010 Civic EX there is a grounding cable attached to a bracket with a green clip. The part we replaced was under the green clip. Did we screw up and replace something that is NOT the PVC valve. If so where the heck is the real PVC valve. Vehicle seems to run fine now and the rough idle seems to be gone.
Old 03-31-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2010 honda civic ex pcv valve

Post a picture of what area you are describing.
Old 03-31-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

PCV valve is part #1.
It is threaded into the block behind the timing cover.
Old 03-31-2013
Registered!!

Thank you that diagram posted was exactly what I replaced for the PCV valve. I would take a picture but it is too dark outside. Just weird how it is making a noise it didn't make before it was replaced. The only thing I can think of other then the old one was bad is maybe the old one is laying on a top of a panel under the car and is rattling.
Old 03-31-2013
Registered!!

not sure if these pics will help or not
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20130331_223858.jpg
Views:	924
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	84936   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130331_223936.jpg
Views:	875
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	84937  
Old 03-31-2013

Not really, but I see what you meant by "green clip" now. LOL

Hopefully the old part will fall out on the road when you drive it.