Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Cold start check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qbanbomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Cold start check engine light

Hey guys im new in this forum and thanks for accepting me. I have a 2006 civic Si coupe with 29k miles pretty fresh motor and earlier today in the morning i turn on the car and found my check engine light staying on? But my car idles fine. Power is there. Coolant levels are good sensors are good. I have no idea whats going on. This morning was humid and kinda cold id say in the 76-78 degrees. I have heard a lot of the sensors on the exhaust i believe the heater or whatever tend to go bad at times. But just trying to find out if any had this "Cold start check engine light" issue. Anyone reply with help or ideas please thank you all
Old 03-31-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cold start check engine light

You need to get the code read. Us guessing at it is pretty useless. A lot of places will read the check engine light code for free and tell you what it is. After you find out come here and post it and we should be able to give you some direction in what you need to do to fix it. A cold start should not cause a check engine light.
Old 03-31-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qbanbomber is an unknown quantity at this point

Ohh okay thanks man will go tomorrow to an autozone and get the code read. I thought the car would give me the code thru the dash board like other cars do.?
Old 03-31-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Qbanbomber
Ohh okay thanks man will go tomorrow to an autozone and get the code read.
Get the actual code number(s) and freeze frame data if at all possible.

I don't give a rats azz about the shopping list of parts that they try to get you to buy.

I thought the car would give me the code thru the dash board like other cars do.?
Oh no, no no no. LOL no.