Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2013 Interior Illumination Blue LED Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emunity is an unknown quantity at this point
2013 Interior Illumination Blue LED Issue

I had this in my 2012 Honda civic and it had an on/off switch. The description for this accessory is the same for the 2012 and 2013 Honda Civic yet for the 2013 there is no on/off feature. It stays on all the time when the headlight are turned on.

I argued this with Honda Motors and their logic for the on/off feature is that the feature of on/off is controlled by the headlights?????

SO when I am driving at night and want to turn off the Illumination I have to run the car without my headlights on.

Wonderful!!! What a bunch of Moronic Representatives at Honda.

It is disruptive to me when I drive.

Honda Motors will not refund my money. Now I will probably have to take them to small claims court.
Old 02-01-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Interior Illumination Blue LED Issue

I had this in my 2012 Honda civic and it had an on/off switch.
I have the same in mine.
The description for this accessory is the same for the 2012 and 2013
And what are those descriptions? I don't have any sales brochures here to look at.
yet for the 2013 there is no on/off feature. It stays on all the time when the headlight are turned on.
I just looked in the installation instructions, and this appears to be true. There is no separate switch now.
I argued this with Honda Motors and their logic for the on/off feature is that the feature of on/off is controlled by the headlights?????
True.

SO when I am driving at night and want to turn off the Illumination I have to run the car without my headlights on.
Seriously? Those lights are damn wimpy, and yours only light your feet. Barely. You didn't even get the light for the cubbyhole in front of the shifter.
It is disruptive to me when I drive.
Why did you get them installed then?
Do they bother you THAT much? Seriously?
They HAD to bother you in the other car too then. Did you EVER have them turned on?
Honda Motors will not refund my money.
Why should they? They installed exactly what they were supposed to install.
Now I will probably have to take them to small claims court.
Good luck with that.

Think about putting a toggle switch in to turn them off if they bother you THAT much. Or just rip em the hell out and they won't bother you ever again.

Last edited by ezone; 02-02-2013 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Was this reply harsh?
Old 02-02-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emunity is an unknown quantity at this point

The 2012 I have has an on/off switch. GO to build a honda Civic both 2012 and 2103 the description is there. It sais on/off feature for both 2012 and 2013.

One more time I have a 2012 that has an on/off switch. The description is exactly the same for the 2013 and it has no on/off switch.

There is no console Blue light as there was on the 2012. The description is deceptive and wrong for the 2013.

Its ok because I know how Honda will end up paying for this majorly in the long run. Someone will get in an accident and blame the light being on all the time as a distraction and part of the cause of the accident so when honda has to dish out millions they will make a retro fit on/off switch when its too late.
Old 02-02-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

GO to build a honda Civic both 2012 and 2103 the description is there. It sais on/off feature for both 2012 and 2013
Ok I see where you got that from now. The 13 description is clearly an error.

I'm going to suggest you call the 1-800 customer assistance number and tell them your story. It's in the owners manual and on the Honda website.
If nothing else, it might get the web app corrected for other people.

Its ok because I know how Honda will end up paying for this majorly in the long run. Someone will get in an accident and blame the light being on all the time as a distraction and part of the cause of the accident so when honda has to dish out millions they will make a retro fit on/off switch when its too late.
I seriously doubt that will happen. I know how bright those lights are.
I also see what some other manufacturers put in their interiors.