Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

converting a sedan exhaust to coupe. worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
labowsky is an unknown quantity at this point
converting a sedan exhaust to coupe. worth it?

exhaust: http://throwdownperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2658

this is the exhaust i am set on, it sounds good, its quiet but loud when you want it to be, best of all it is cheap!

one problem though...they only make it for sedan and si coupe/sedan.
so i was wondering if it would be worth it to get a shop to chop the piping and make it fit?
Old 11-28-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: converting a sedan exhaust to coupe. worth it?

if you are talking about ex coupe and ex sedan, the catback piping is basically the same. the only difference is the sedan trunk is shorter, so a coupe exhaust will stick out a bit past the bumper on a sedan. unless ofcourse you have a rear lip spoiler. if you dont mind the tip sticking out a few inches, then dont worry.
Old 11-28-2012
Registered!!

I was talking about fitting a exhaust made for a sedan on a coupe, non is of course. I hear the piping on a sedan is two feet longer. I know it's possible I'm just wondering if it is worth getting it fitted to my coupe because its cheap?
Old 11-28-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Getting cheap parts that don't fit your car plus paying someone to cut/modify/grind/weld until they DO fit...

or

Getting the right parts the first time.

Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Did anyone see what I did there?
Old 11-28-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Getting cheap parts that don't fit your car plus paying someone to cut/modify/grind/weld until they DO fit...

or

Getting the right parts the first time.

Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Did anyone see what I did there?
uhh well i refuse to pay $400 more on an exhaust for a honda civic, and they only make it for R18 sedans. if you can point me to an exhaust that is the same style and around the same price thats name brand and fits ill gladly buy that.
Old 11-28-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry.

Check a local exhaust shop.
I have had custom work done pretty darn cheap on a couple of my own vehicles. Cat back, big diameter pipe custom bent on the premises, muffler, huge dual chrome tips, and even welding a flex pipe in at the front was cheaper than Walker replacements from a parts store (let alone OE prices).
Stainless cost extra but is probably worth it if you are in the rust belt.
Old 11-29-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

im pretty sure the sedan exhaust is longer than coupe. so if anything, it will be short under the bumper.