Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help me find the problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
usvpn is an unknown quantity at this point
Help me find the problem

Hey people,
I am in a location with limited access to Honda technical service, and technicians here are not much help!
I want to describe my problem and if needed I will take pictures and get advise, if possible:

When I am fully turning right or left and there's a bump / hole on the road and I go over it, I hear a "ding/dang" sound from around the "Link FR Stabilizer".
The sound is like 2 irons knock each other!

I really don't know if it's related to "Link FR Stabilizer", "Bush FR Compliance", "Rack End", "Link/Joint/Comp End" or even something else?!

It's obvious that I don' hear this sound when I am driving exactly straight, this only happens in turn!

If any picture will help, please tell me and thank you for your valuable suggestion?
Old 11-16-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Help me find the problem

Your best bet is to jack the car up an take a look at all that stuff. It could also be your strut mounts. Look at the bushing to see if they are torn or rotted. Also with the wheel jacked up see if you can move the wheel front to back and side to side.
Old 11-21-2012
Registered!!

usvpn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey dude, thanks, my bushing is OK, so I think maybe rack-end & Link FR Stabilizer!
Just one thing: you told me strut mounts, I don't know what's that, so if you give me the part number for Civic 2009 LX 4DR I will search for it and will find its images to see if it has problem?
Old 11-25-2012
Registered!!

D Murphy is an unknown quantity at this point

Most likely, both bump stops on the front struts need to be replaced. There are updated parts available for this. Also there is a S/B 07-078.