Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2010 HONDA CIVIC STRUT REPLACEMENT - Does it fall under warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amaran is an unknown quantity at this point
2010 HONDA CIVIC STRUT REPLACEMENT - Does it fall under warrenty

Hi,

I am a Second owner of a 2010 HONDA CIVIC it is under 36000 mileage and 3 year warranty. My Front Right wheel needs a suspension replacement after I felt alignment issues in my car.

Does my strut replacement gets covered under Manufacturer's warranty? When I checked the Body shop they mentioned it is a wear and tear problem and is not covered by manufacturers warranty.

Please advice.
Old 11-14-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2010 HONDA CIVIC STRUT REPLACEMENT - Does it fall under warrenty

1) If the warranty is properly transferred to you.
2) Read the warranty booklet. It will tell you exactly what is covered.
3) If it isn't inclusive enough, call the service department of your local dealership and ask.

I've been to a dealership with a warranty, and they told my that my front struts were covered, but the rears weren't.
Your best bet is just to call them.
Old 11-14-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Only a dealer is qualified to tell you if it is covered under factory warranty. Or not.

You have 3/36 AND 5/60 for powertrain. Hondas "Powertrain" covers some things that some other manufacturers don't cover, like wheel bearings on the front are typically covered with Honda, but not others.

They look at the car, run the VIN inquiry, submit a part number in the warranty inquiry. The system then determines if the submitted part number is a covered item.

But since you mentioned a bodyshop, that leads me to believe it could be accident related, and that would not be a factory defect. Therefore, not a warranty matter.
Old 11-15-2012
7th Gen Civic DIY Enthusiast!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Matt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ezone
Only a dealer is qualified to tell you if it is covered under factory warranty. Or not.
My 2002 civic has 86K and is 10 years old. Are you qualified to tell me if it's covered under warranty?
Old 11-15-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matt_75
My 2002 civic has 86K and is 10 years old. Are you qualified to tell me if it's covered under warranty?
Factory warranty? Why sure. Your answer will be:
Originally Posted by ezone
Or not.
Old 11-25-2012
Registered!!

D Murphy is an unknown quantity at this point

Since you mentioned body shop, I'm wondering, was the vehicle wrecked in that area? If it was damaged in a wreck, it's not covered. If it was not, it most likely is.