Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

what should I do with this tranmission nightmare??

Old 10-24-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best4future is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry what should I do with this tranmission nightmare??

We just bought a used Honda 2006 civic from a local dealer three months ago. Today we sent the car for a routine maintenance. A mechanic accidentally fount out there was a crack on the transmission case. Someone fabricated a plate to hold the transmission case together. In doing so they used a longer bolt and tighten it too tight causing it to bend. The case was damaged more at the area the bolt goes through at that point. Now the transmission fluid is leaking from the case.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
I don't when the crack happened and how long the transmission case has been leaking fluids. <o></o>
<o></o>
The mechanics recommended replacing the transmission. The dealer only wanted to replace the transmission case. The car is still drivable. But I don’t know how bad the transmission is since the fluid is leaking. <o></o>
<o></o>
What is your advice? And how much it will cost to rebuild the transmission if it has to? <o></o>