Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Underdriven 2010 civic-lx coupe

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mattandchris is an unknown quantity at this point
Underdriven 2010 civic-lx coupe

I bought a used 2010 Civic-LX coupe (14,000 miles) this week off of a Hyundai dealers lot. The car has been sitting on the lot for 14 months , and during that time has only logged 90 odometer "test drive" miles.

Salesman told me "around here,no one wants a coupe." And none of the other salesman even had a story of another customer even taking the car for a test drive......lol

Anyways, there are small cracks developing where the tread meets the body of the tires, probably from unuse.
The gas tank was a quarter full, so I figured there was probably moisture in there.
I had'em put the car up on the lift and everything looked good.
I test drove the car with the salesman and everything seemed fine.
Salesman allowed me to hook up my OBD scanner to the car........nothing.
Salesman allowed me to hook my multimeter up to the battery and check charging system.......nothing
All the body panel inside edges had original honda stickers intact, indicating no replacement.
I got an oil change right away after purchase/changed air/cabin filters.
So far I have put 200 miles on the car and no issues. I sorta wanna run a tank of gas thru the thing.
Now that I own the car, can you think of anything that I should do or anticipate?
Thanks in advance.....................mattandchris
Old 10-05-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Underdriven 2010 civic-lx coupe

new tires asap, get a full tank of new gas and throw some additives in there. will prolly be okay. i would change all the other fluids too just to be safe (trans, coolant, ps, brake). and get a new battery.
Old 10-05-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Underdriven 2010 civic-lx coupe

I would have checked the condition of the oil, checked the maintenance minder oil life and/or the oil sticker, and measured tread depth to see if tires got rotated. It really shouldn't have been due for any other maintenance at all.
Maybe battery condition if it cranked slow.
Chi-town? Suspension and body damage checks.

I certainly wouldn't figure on moisture in the tank.
It's under warranty. 3/36 bumper to bumper, and 5/60 powertrain. Battery is warranty for 3 years.
Call the 1-800 customer assistance number to find out when the warranty will be up (original delivery date), and to update your owners info.

Drive the SOB.