Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

07 lx coupe reverse noises on inclines

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iHaveProblemz is an unknown quantity at this point
07 lx coupe reverse noises on inclines

So for a while my car had been having this weird noise when I go into reverse from park without turning the car off completely. This usually happens At my friends house because of his driveways leveling. I usually park on the street along the curb regardless, but I've noticed it's more likely to do it without the e-break on. Mind you these are quick stops. So I'll usually have to e-break it with the car still on. Now as for the noise: it doesn't sound like it shifts right. I can feel it shift and it's rugged and makes a loud shuttering noise. I can also feel a quick vibration from shifting as I hit reverse. Is this just transmission problems?
Old 08-04-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 07 lx coupe reverse noises on inclines

when you park on an incline, you must use the e-brake to hold the car BEFORE putting the car in park and letting go of the brake pedal. when leaving, you must press the brake pedal and shift into gear BEFORE releasing the e-brake. you should never have any problem if you remember this. basically when you dont use the ebrake, you are putting the load of the car onto the transmission, and this can be very bad over time. by using the ebrake, you are putting the load onto the rear brakes instead and saving your trans.
Old 08-04-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iHaveProblemz is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, so shift gears first then e-break. Sounds good to me! I'll give it a try and see if I can get the noise to stop.
Old 08-04-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah for example, after you stopped with your foot on the brake and car in drive, before you do anything pull up the ebrake. then shift to P, then let go of the brake pedal. when you get ready to leave, start car and press brake pedal, then shift to R or D, then finally lower the ebrake and then let go of the brake pedal to get the car moving.