Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

06 Civic Drip Molding Removing & Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
digital808 is an unknown quantity at this point
06 Civic Drip Molding Removing & Install

Does anyone know how to remove and install drip moldings? Or if you can point me in the direction that has a step by step instruction on how to do it?
Old 05-10-2012
Registered!!

ervenwill is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 06 Civic Drip Molding Removing & Install

Hey there... did you ever figure this out? I'm in the same boat! (hail damage)
Old 05-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

I'm assuming this is the stripping around the doors/windows?
I'd like info on this too, the ones on my driver's side on both doors at the bottom of the window are cracking and the metal is exposed underneath. Appears to be stainless or have a chrome coating or something, but I'd still rather not risk damage.

Anyone have any info?
Old 05-14-2012
Registered!!

draftzero is an unknown quantity at this point

Looked on Google to find a way to do this, but couldn't find anything. So I decided to just do it and hope for the best, luckily it was easy as pie. If you've ever replaced the windshield wipers, it's very similar.

Parts:
4 White Top Car Pieces (I think it was 4, might have been 3)
4 White windshield pieces
4 Connectors for the windshield pieces (colored, mine were yellow and blue).
1 Drip Molding (Passenger side - in my case)
1 Flat head screwdriver (small)

Be sure all the white pieces are attached to the car. If there are any colored connector pieces still attached to the sockets, you'll need to remove them using the flat head screw driver - there are two holes that you need to press to get them out... be careful, as you're working with plastic and they easily break.

Insert all the colored connector pieces into the drip molding railing on the windshield side. It should be aligned as close as possible to it's corresponding piece on the car. It may be a good idea to wash the old ones and perhaps put a little bit of oil so that they easily slide (this will be useful later).

Once you have that insert the drip molding into the whole near the front of the car. Try to get it so that the rear end of the drip molding is aligned with it's attachment as close as possible, doesn't need to be perfect.

Be careful with this section or you may break something:
Once you got it in a decent position, snap the colored connectors into place. Then for the other pieces, the top white connectors will need to be fed into the railings. I used a flat head screw driver to pry them in. Once I got them all into the railings. I gently pressed down starting with the one closest to the windshield and they all fell into place nicely.I heard a snap, but not a snap from plastic breaking, but from the rubber.

Now you need to align the rear black connector. You're going to either push or pull the drip molding (from the windshield end) to get it aligned over the prong on the car. If you washed your pieces and/or put oil on them, this part should be fairly easy. I didn't and it was somewhat difficult. I was more worried that i would break something as the old ones didn't slide as well as the new ones.

Realize that the very rear end of the black connector is where you need it to align. Once it's in the spot, pull the drip molding from the windshield end gently so that it snaps into it's locked position. It should be closely aligned with your rear windshield... look at your other driver side molding for reference.