Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

ENG DIES WHEN YOU RELEASE GAS PEDAL on 97 civic

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Russ45 is an unknown quantity at this point
ENG DIES WHEN YOU RELEASE GAS PEDAL on 97 civic

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Black"][/COLOR]Hi i'm new to this site, I would like to say hi to everyone. Problem is I have a 97 civic and my daughter uses it to go back and forth to college. Anyway the eng dies every time you release the gas pedal it doesn't idle it just dies. Every time I make a corner the eng dies cause you slow down and you have nothing. She almost got in an accident cause the power steering stops and you know how that is.

Please, please help me out!!!!- Thank You in advance!! - Russ45
[/
SIZE]

Last edited by Russ45; 03-21-2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: needed to add and correct info
Old 03-21-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: ENG DIES WHEN YOU RELEASE GAS PEDAL on 97 civic

The Idle Air Control Valve could be bad. Did you scan it for a code?
Old 03-21-2012
Registered!!

Russ45 is an unknown quantity at this point

No have not scanned it yet I'll have to bring it some where just to scan. About 1 year ago it did the same thing. I believe it was a sensor, just trying to remember where and what kind it was. Thanks any way i appreciate it.
Old 11-20-2019
Registered!!

Sakib Kamal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Russ45
No have not scanned it yet I'll have to bring it some where just to scan. About 1 year ago it did the same thing. I believe it was a sensor, just trying to remember where and what kind it was. Thanks any way i appreciate it.
Russ I know it's 2019 and probably you are not even on this forum anymore, but I am having the same issue. The car stalls, engine dies, oil pressure and battery check light come on, power steering dies, and engine stops.

Did you find out what was wrong with your car? How did you fix it??

thanks