Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

DIY Motor Mount

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
akhjune is an unknown quantity at this point
DIY Motor Mount

Need instruction for replceing the driver side Motor mount for a 2006 civic coupe.

Thanks
Kam

Last edited by sdaidoji; 11-16-2013 at 05:17 PM. Reason: this is not DIY, it's a question - moved from DIY section
Old 02-27-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIY Motor Mount

The mount on the left side is not a motor mount.
It is a transmission mount.

Remove everything in the way.
Remove the mount.
Reinstall.
Reassemble.

My question is: Why?

The mount at the nose of the engine is the one that droops and causes vibration.
If you install aftermarket mounts, you are begging for more problems with vibrations.
Old 02-27-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
The mount on the left side is not a motor mount.
It is a transmission mount.

Remove everything in the way.
Remove the mount.
Reinstall.
Reassemble.

My question is: Why?

The mount at the nose of the engine is the one that droops and causes vibration.
If you install aftermarket mounts, you are begging for more problems with vibrations.
I was told by my mechanic both of the top motor mounts are brocken, I noticed a crack on the passenger side but I am not clear how the driver side looks like and if it is brocken how I can replace it.
Old 02-27-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Your mechanic should be able to point out to you exactly what he saw.

You do realize there are 2 parts to the passengers side mount, right? Maybe your mechanic meant both parts of this one?

I'd change the passengers side mount, and see what happens.
Old 02-27-2012
Registered!!

OK
Thanks
Old 12-21-2012
Registered!!

Hydrogen Tech is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the mount on my 2007 Civic Coupe go bad at 74K miles. Started with loud vibrations in reverse and then noticed it at idle and then sometimes in drive when I stopped at a light or something. Read on the forums about it being the front pasenger side motor mount so I ordered a cheap on on Ebay for around $40 shipped. I replaced it in my garage by placing a jack under the oil pan to hold the engine up (the engine is light enough that it wont bend the pan). I took the stock one out and had no idea until it was out of the car that it had cracked into 2 pieces. The cheap one off eBay looked identical so I threw it in and put it all back together and it fixed all the rattle probelms! car sounded and felt like new again. For about a week! I inspected the new mount I had just installed, it was sagging just like the old one had. I was about to go on a road trip so I didnt have time to wait for a new one so I just loosened the engine mount from the engine and jacked up the motor and put 4 washers on top of the mount and put the bolt back through it for the time being to raise it up off the bump stop. It worked fine for the road trip and got rid of the major rattles but still needs a new mount as it is not as smooth as it is supposed to be.

With Basic skills and hand tools I was able to replace the mount start to finish in less than an hour. Honda makes it rather easy without removing too much. They even bend the brake lines up and around one of the bolts that you need to remove on the fender side to make it easier to access.

Also check out the HHO Cell I put in my civic! I used to get 30 MPG average and now I get 45 MPG!

http://www.hydrogentech.co

http://www.facebook.com/HydrogenTech