Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2006 Civic EX - AC Fan Stopped Blowing Air

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steelfan95 is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 Civic EX - AC Fan Stopped Blowing Air

Weird thing happened to me today. I got in my car after work, turned on the AC (Florida) and nothing happened. No air, no sounds, nothing. I stopped to get gas and when I started the car the air was back on as if nothing ever happened??

Do you think the blower is starting to go? I also thought about the transistor, but figured if that went the air would not start blowing again.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 02-01-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2006 Civic EX - AC Fan Stopped Blowing Air

Needs a blower motor.

When it stops again, knock on it and see if it starts working. Under the glovebox. If it starts working, it needs a blower.
Old 02-02-2012
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Those blowers have been known to be intermittent.
The part # for them has been changed.

If/when it stops again, lower the glovebox and remove the cabin filter. You will be able to see the round white fan inside, with car on and blower at minimum speed reach in and spin the blades and see if it starts running.

Replacement is pretty simple.
Old 02-02-2012
Registered!!

Do you guys have a favorite link on replacing it?

Stopped again today, but started before I could get the filter out. I'll mess with in more this weekend.
Old 02-02-2012

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steelfan95

Stopped again today, but started before I could get the filter out. I'll mess with in more this weekend.
Crawl under the dash with a light and look for yourself. It's only 3 screws.

When it quits, just have the passenger kick the bottom of the dash.
When I get a dead one, that's all the diagnosis I need to do (well, I hit it with my hand). If the jolt makes it run, the motor is toast.
Old 02-02-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, just replace the blower motor
Old 02-03-2012
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Take the black cover off.
Press the release on the 2 pin connector and remove.
Remove 3 screws.
Old 02-04-2012
Registered!!

My wife got in the car and the AC was not blowing at all. A few minutes later, it started blowing air, but not cold air. Parked to do some shopping, got back in the car and when she turned it on cold air was blowing out.
Would the malfunctioning blower cause the cold air issue as well?
Old 02-04-2012

My wife got in the car and the AC was not blowing at all. A few minutes later, it started blowing air, but not cold air. Parked to do some shopping, got back in the car and when she turned it on cold air was blowing out.
Would the malfunctioning blower cause the cold air issue as well?
Yes. The AC compressor is disabled if the interior fan does not run. You may need to cycle the key off and on to re-enable the compressor once the fan runs.

Why haven't you fixed it yet?
It's only a 10 minute job.
LOL
Old 02-04-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Yes. The AC compressor is disabled if the interior fan does not run. You may need to cycle the key off and on to re-enable the compressor once the fan runs.

Why haven't you fixed it yet?
It's only a 10 minute job.
LOL
We bought an extended warranty when we purchased the vehicle and I want to see if it's covered. Also, I'm a cheap a$$ and need to research who sells it the cheapest
Old 02-04-2012

We bought an extended warranty when we purchased the vehicle and I want to see if it's covered. Also, I'm a cheap a$$ and need to research who sells it the cheapest
The whole job should be less than your $100 deductible (unless the dealer wants to charge you for diagnosis).

79310-SNA-A02 $52.75 list.
You can get it cheaper off the internet.