Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2011 Civic oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Niceandeasy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2011 Civic oil leak

2011 civic base model. I went to get my wifes oil changed at the dealer and they told me the car had a leak. 40,000 miles and a oil leak wtf and they told me its a 100 buck charge to look for it. But the leak is on the back side of the motor and its high. I need help picking out what it can be. Looks to me like the intake is two parts and where they meet its got oil. but i never seen a intake having oil in it. so i need help picking out what it maybe.
Old 01-11-2012
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2011 Civic oil leak

5 years 60k miles warranty should cover this, no ?

Maybe the valve cover needs tightening ??
Old 01-11-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

5/60 warranty (USA). End of story.

Call the 1-800-customer assistance number?

Find a better dealer?
Old 01-12-2012
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

^i agree..take it to the dealer tell them to fix it under warranty..if they say no go to a diff dealer and file a complaint...
Old 01-12-2012
Registered!!

Niceandeasy is an unknown quantity at this point

they said if it bolts on its not coverd. the next dealer is over 2 hours away.

Last edited by Niceandeasy; 01-12-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-12-2012

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

That's wrong. It's leaking engine oil.
If it is what I'm thinking of, it's covered. End of story. See below.

Whomever you have been dealing with needs some "re-education".

(I would) Call the customer assistance number and see what they have to say about it. Be courteous, be professional, but be firm. Use the info below, use the proper part name and have the part number ready so they can check for coverage.

Catalog link:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...PAN+%281.8L%29

Unless I miss my guess,
The leak SHOULD be coming from the "breather cover", #9.
It needs resealed. Not replaced.
It's been one of the more common leaks on these engines since 06.
We cover it under the 5/60 powertrain warranty.
Unless my guess is wrong, then I need more info.

I ran the part number in the powertrain warranty inquiry, this IS covered 5/60 here. I assume it SHOULD be the same everywhere.
Old 01-13-2012
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

^^ ezone, How would you access it for the repair ??
Old 01-13-2012

Originally Posted by CraigW
^^ ezone, How would you access it for the repair ??
On a hoist, not laying on my back in the driveway.

I'll look more later, gotta clock in now.
Old 01-13-2012

Hope this link works (PDF)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...SZZPHfoHMvh5HA

Please note this bulletin does NOT apply to the car in question, but the method is the same.

Wish I could see the OP's car to see where exactly it is leaking. Regardless, any engine oil or trans fluid leakage should be covered under the powertrain warranty.
Old 01-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Why do you need to remove the right axle what am I missing?
Old 01-13-2012

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
Why do you need to remove the right axle what am I missing?
Look under one of these cars, you'll see why.

I don't normally remove the axle, but I have lots of cool tools to get around it. Most people don't have quite the selection of tools that I have accumulated over the years.
Old 01-16-2012
Registered!!

Greg_Elite is an unknown quantity at this point

They shouldn't charge you crap since it's under warranty.