Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

06 Honda Civic Si - Trunk problem

Old 12-22-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tsc_mjolnir is an unknown quantity at this point
06 Honda Civic Si - Trunk problem

Unfortunately my emergency trunk release is blocked and I cannot switch it and I took off the paneling to access the wire to release my trunk and either I'm not strong enough with a multi-tool or something else is wrong.

Also I'm getting out of the Navy and I have an appointment in five hours with my papers and records in my trunk.

Any help is gratefully and greatly appreciated!
Old 12-22-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tsc_mjolnir is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 06 Honda Civic Si - Trunk problem

Fixed it! The problem was that when I closed the trunk (which was full) it knocked the plastic actuator off axis and therefore could not release my trunk.

I was able to (with brute force and LOTS of patience) pry between my back seats with a flashlight and an aluminum broom after remembering whether it was a black or yellow pull-lever I saw something and took the chance. Pushed against it, pulled my back seat and out it came!

Before all that I had taken off the paneling, and I did not know you pop off the top area and then slide the bottom towards the front of the car (lesson learned). Regardless I had tried grabbing and pulling the actuating steel wire, but that proved useless.

Just wanted to give the whole story. Hope this helps someone else out in the future! =]
Old 12-22-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all
Re: 06 Honda Civic Si - Trunk problem

Glad to see you fixed it and thank you for the update...