Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help Wanted! - Need all the help I can get

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
416 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help Wanted! - Need all the help I can get

I apologize for my vague explanation and general lack of knowledge about cars in advance. I have a 2006 honda civic coupe dx. (manual)

So my car does not run anymore. I was driving on the highway and I started to hear a faint ticking/clicking noise coming from the bottom right of my car. I first thought i had a pen or something on my dashboard which caused it to make the noise but i soon realized it was a bigger problem. The faint noise became louder and louder, and the rattling sounded as if some part was loose inside my car. Eventually the car stopped running, and I was rolling down the highway.

Currently I dont need to press down on my clutch for me to shifts gears, I can freely shift between them without any resistance (although the car does not move). If i try to turn the car on, the lights and everything electrical will turn on but the engine wont start. Some refrigerator repair man tried to help me on the side of the highway and he told me that it could possibly be by alternator thats messed up.

Before this happened I took my car to get my alignment fixed and replace my control arm on my left front wheel (at canadian tire, which I'm thinking was a horrible amateur mistake). Its frustrating for me because I had to quit my job (since it required me to have a car), and I had to cancel my insurance which I just renewed (hefty cancellation fees). I've spent a lot of time trying to figure it out myself and its just not working out for me. If I could get your help on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance and please feel free to ask me more questions because I'm sure this is a very vague description. If you need me to take pictures of certain parts of the car as well, i should be able to do this within a days notice. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-04-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help Wanted! - Need all the help I can get

It sounds like the car ran out of oil. Check your oil.
Old 08-04-2011
Registered!!

wade623 is an unknown quantity at this point

like he said you could of had no oil in the motor. did it make any other noises other that the ticking/rattleing? does it try to start? did it over heat? if it ends up being the oil problem you are going to most likely need a new motor for it. also the control arm wouldnt keep it from running/starting

btw you should of posted in 8th generation
Old 08-05-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Moved to the correct section.

Back on topic, what kinda noise does it make if you try and start it?
Old 08-05-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes more information please Check your oil and get back to us please.
Old 08-05-2011
Registered!!

nhantech is an unknown quantity at this point

wont start? asa in wont spin over? is thewre pressure on the clutch pedal? when you try to start the car, yes the starter spinning or just making clink clink noise. need all the details. im a honda certified tech
Old 09-15-2011
Registered!!

purpleicious88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, my name is Haley and I'm having a problem with my windshield wipers. Even right after I replaced them, they still weren't cleaning the window very well. They either miss spots or they leave water as if it were mixed with oil or something. Is this a problem with my windshield wipers themselves, or is there some sort of residue on them? Thanks for whatever info I can get!

~Haley 2008 Civic (Manual)
Old 09-15-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

stick with bosch micro edge wiper blades. they are the absolute best you can buy and have a graphite coating for the smoothest wipe. and yes the brand makes a huge difference in how they clear the windshield. most of them are garbage right out of the package.
Old 09-15-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gearbox
most of them are garbage right out of the package.

agree