Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

2007 civic engine block problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kunal Bhatia is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 civic engine block problem

My 2007 civic engine block had a hole and was still starting and moving about. We I sent it to the dealership they were shocked first then I mentioned to them about faulty 2007 engine blocks replaced by Honda. Now they called me and told me that because my civic had a problem that I went thru some heavily clogged water road and thus the shifting rod (which generally bends on water coming in the engines) got bent and thus I tried to self the engine which in turn damaged the piston, broke the connecting rod and made a hole in the engine block.*
As my four year warranty finished one month ago and the insurance will not register the claim as it is non accidental they are asking me to foot this huge repair bill. 9000$ approximate ( four lakhs Indian rupees) half of what my car maybe worth.*
Can you *help me technically and what can I do. Please help me.*
Old 06-28-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2007 civic engine block problem

So sorry to hear this Unfortunatly if they can absolutely postively prove that you hydrolocked the engine you have no leg to stand on because there is no warranty that will cover that kind of damage. You can bring the bill down however if you do it yourself, find an engine for cheaper for the dealer to install might save you a little bit.... Or you can try to prove that it wasn't in fact hydrolocked somehow which is possible and have them pay for the bill. Maybe get a second opinion from a mechanic that isn't associated with the dealership to make sure they are being truthful.
Old 06-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kunal Bhatia is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in the thought that your engine would completely seize (usually) when it hydro locks. It does NOT sound like that was the problem in my civic. I can prove as my civic was able to start and move about. I am no genius please advice if this fact is true.

Last edited by Kunal Bhatia; 06-28-2011 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-28-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Not necessarilly... There are a few ways your engine can hydrolock and it's possible you got water only in one cylinder bad enough to seize it.. If the engine continues spinning with a seized cylinder it could quite possibly pop a shaft out of the side and the rest of the engine continue functioning. You need to confirm with a mechanic.