Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

I have a modified 98 ex and need serious help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cfink is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a modified 98 ex and need serious help.

so im stuck in a really bad dilema with my honda civic that i bought 1 month ago, so here's the story.

I was driving my car, and noticed huge clouds of steam coming from my hood and thru my vents, my raditor was shot and my car over heated. I let my engiene cool down and drove it the half a mile home. The next night I drove it downtown while the engiene was over-heated the whole time. While sitting at a red light my car shut off, and when i went to start it, it barly even turned over. so i parked it, and 3 hours later when to start it because i was getting it towed and it fired right up. i drove it on the trailor and took it home. i replaced the radiotor, and took it for a spin. my engeine didnt over heat once but about 15 mins into my spin my car started strutting and barely getting any tork, sounded like my cadilic convertor was clogged up and the heat could get to the muffler. so the next day i drive it again. i pull over because my car is hardly moving. i stop pop the hood everything seems a ok, and i go to put it in gear and it stalls. try it 3 more times same results. i look at my floor board, right behind the center dash and lone behold theres a fire. i put it out and got it towed home, once again my car starts but barely idles. when i put it in gear, it stalls. i believe my cadlic convertor caught on fire but i havent look at it until tomorrow. any ideas?
i also replaced the spark plugs right before the fire?
im going to straight pipe it, and take the convertor off and see what results i get.
did i burn my tranny up? warp my pistons and headers? should i do a whole new swap? i dont have $ to throw in the air so give me some ideas[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]" target="_blank">[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]" target="_blank">[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
Old 06-18-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: I have a modified 98 ex and need serious help.

You have a severly blown head gasket.

Last edited by MindBomber; 06-19-2011 at 03:18 AM.
Old 06-18-2011
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

and possibly a warped head from continuing to drive when its overheated
Old 06-19-2011
Registered!!

thanks, im re-doing the exaust tomorrow, and the head gasket. ill let you know what happen's. i just started on here so ill be posting pictures soon. thanks
Old 06-23-2011
Registered!!

ok so i got a new head, and gaskets. fired it up, and ran well. but im leaking anti-freeze under the throtle bottle. idk where its coming from but it hits my muffler and at high temps will cause a serious fire. i cant tell if a line is broken, or what it could possibly be. could i have cracked my block from running at such high temps. let me know what i should do, or look for to casue this pronblem
Old 09-27-2011
Registered!!

Ricerocket2381 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cfink
ok so i got a new head, and gaskets. fired it up, and ran well. but im leaking anti-freeze under the throtle bottle. idk where its coming from but it hits my muffler and at high temps will cause a serious fire. i cant tell if a line is broken, or what it could possibly be. could i have cracked my block from running at such high temps. let me know what i should do, or look for to casue this pronblem
Sounds like you need a mobile mechanic to pressure that for you. I can find that leak within a couple of seconds.