Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

CD Player Not working

Old 02-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
timob1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy CD Player Not working

I have a 2008 Honda Civic. It has a factory radio in it. The radio works fine, but when you insert a CD, it gives me the following errors:

Busy - Please wait

The disc ejects

Bad Disc - Please check owners manual

Up until a few weeks ago, the CD player worked fine. And the disc that I have put in is brand new so I know that there is not a problem with the disc (I've also tried several others). Any clues as what the problem might be. Any help would be apprecaited.

Tim
Old 02-20-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CD Player Not working

could be dust on the laser lens. i know it says not to use cd cleaning kit, but at this point you have nothing to lose. try shooting compressed air in first, it might work.
Old 05-07-2011
Registered!!

SFtoLA is an unknown quantity at this point

Timo did you find anything else out about it? My 2007 is doing the exact same thing. It seems to overheat too. As of yesterday it wont even let me insert a CD.
Old 08-30-2011
Registered!!

krikey is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 2006 Civic SI. The radio is the only part of the audio system that works. All the speakers play, including the subwoofer. But it will not go to CD mode, even after reading the owners manual 3 times. (By the way i have the XM sat radio model, which i'm sure doesn't work as well.) I tried feeding it a CD and damn near choked it. There is no motor that drags it in at all. I'm assuming that this may be a problem with other Civic's? I really don't know if i can find an aftermarket replacement since this junk seems to be tied into the AC/Heating unit as well? Any help would be appreciated?