Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

59kmiles 2007 civic coupe !! Transmission clunking NOISE when shifting 2 REVERSE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Szahid1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation 59kmiles 2007 civic coupe !! Transmission clunking NOISE when shifting 2 REVERSE HELP

Hey , i jus bought a 2007 civic coupe ex automatic with 59850k on it and the powertrain is up in less than 200 miles! Everything is fine on the car except when you shift from park to reverse or drive to reverse or even neutral. Im guessing the issue is with the reverse gear, there is a LOUD CLUNk and you can feel a grind, it may even hav light clunk after loud one feeling like gear ls still trying to get into place. Sometimes it can b soft, very loud and sometimes it may not happeen at ALL??!!

Im really worried that it may b a transmission problem that will get worse or become a failed transmission as soon as my warranty is done in 200 miles, i took to dealerahip they charged me 100$ to 20 point inspect amd had 1 of their young mechanics drive it amd say its FINE which i highly doubt. I even went to dealership to see if the used civics thwy had made that noise and neither of the 2 i cheked made it. My cars engine movement was almost same as the other 2 i cheked so i was thinking it was not the motor mounts, can some one please direct me if the car is ok or if i ahould go back to dealership and force them to do something before im out of warranty???? Thankss

Last edited by Szahid1; 01-14-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-14-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: 59kmiles 2007 civic coupe !! Transmission clunking NOISE when shifting 2 REVERSE

Go back to where you bought it from and be tell them to fix it if it was a dealership, or your going to return it. Find the guy that sold it to you, hes the most likely to help you and prevent a return.

Why didnt you catch this during the test drive?

If you bought from a private party, go back to the honda dealership guys that did the inspection and tell them to double check it because you know its messed up.

Call Honda of America if they keep trying to screw you.
Old 01-14-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 59kmiles 2007 civic coupe !! Transmission clunking NOISE when shifting 2 REVERSE

if you park on a hill and shift to park before putting the ebrake on it will make a clunk and shake the car. if it does it on flat ground, theres a problem. some tick or clunk sound is normal, but car shouldnt be moving or shaking.
Old 01-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Szahid1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, thabks for the reply, issue is that i bought fromna dealers auction, and the noise didnt seem like much till it was very persistent and LOUDER on ocassion, i just wanted to hear u guys opinion on if it was an abnormal issue that can progress to disaster, i just didnt wana seem like a fool yelling at the dealership(becausenits gona comento that, they disregard everything) to fix a problem that is normal. AlsoM aware about the incline decline sound of the e brake isnt pulled but it happens on flat ground also. It like a tick, makes me crazy to hear it becuase the cars condition is flawless, no accidents no dings or scratches clean carfax, the drive is great and JUST this gear iz clearly acting up.

Last edited by Szahid1; 01-14-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-14-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

it may just need new honda atf z1 fluid in there. i know mine shifts smoother with newer fluid in there.