Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

tire gauge warning light

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mbh902 is an unknown quantity at this point
tire gauge warning light

my 2010 hinda civic tire gauge warning light will not shut off. there is nothing the matter with the pressure in any of my tires. i have tried filling them & the light will go off for a day & come on again. i heard this is a inherent issue. any body know if there will be a recall in regards to the sensor or a fix? thanks.
Old 10-17-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: tire gauge warning light

" i have tried filling them & the light will go off for a day & come on again "

What is the actual pressure of the tires when the light comes back on ?? Is one lower than the day before ?? I keep mine at 32 using the door jamb sticker.

Maybe you have a slow leak in one of them.
Old 10-17-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Same, I think you have a slow leak on one of them

Do this, get a spray bottle, fill it up with water and foamy soap
Spray all around the threads of your tires, if you see and bubbles forming up constantly, you know you have a leak

Test your tire pressure every day, if it gets lower after every time you fill it up, it's a leak
I keep my tires at 35psi for best MPG
Old 10-17-2010
Registered!!

aubtec is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,, these sensors are fairly sensitive and as the poster above has stated a slow leak is possibly your problem,same job take of your wheel,pump to the psi, it will be easier to notice the leak. place it on a bench fill a basin with soapy water,get a dust pan brush or paint brush dose it in the soapy water and brush it all over the tyre have a good look around your bound to see bubbles
Old 10-17-2010
Registered!!

aubtec is an unknown quantity at this point

there have been reports of faulty sensors

Q: How does a TPMS work?

A: TPMS consists of an air pressure sensor inside of each tire that transmits a signal to an onboard computer that will illuminate a warning light on the instrument panel.

Q: Can I disable the TPMS System?

A: Yes. It can be disabled, but federal law prohibits, and considers a criminal action, for anyone to disable or make inoperative a Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

Q: Can TPMS Sensors be repaired?

A: No. Only replacement of the faulty sensor.

http://www.wholesaletpms.com/ diagrams etc
Old 11-06-2010
Registered!!

80ttop is an unknown quantity at this point

Had our 08 in this morning for a slow leak, and it was the sensor. The dealer replaced it under warranty. Later today the TPMS light came on so it's back to the dealer next week . . arg.