Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Power Steering Gear Box and other defects

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FranMag is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Power Steering Gear Box and other defects

My Honda Civic 2006 Model, 1.8S MT, was bought in May 2006 from the Dealer, Honda Cars Alabang, Philippines. It is well maintained by the same dealer when right after the warranty expires, the following defects manifested: busted power steering gear box, leak in the transmission, both headlights contain moistures inside aside from the defect on the door sidings on the front passenger side which manifested when the car is still under warranty. I complained to the dealer and Honda Cars Philippines, Inc. for replacement of said defective parts but was denied by HCPI due to expired warranty. I feel I was robbed since the car was only 3.5 years old and had not even reached 70000 kilometers reading when these defects were detected. I asked the dealer if there other cases such as mine and they said I am an isolated case. I plan to take the matter to the highest authority on Consumer Rights in the Philippines so that the dealer will be forced to take action and replace all the defective parts.
Old 04-23-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Power Steering Gear Box and other defects

Are you sure the powertrain (inc transmission) isn't still under warranty? Aren't they usually under warranty for 100k kms?