Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

91 Civic OBD1 Swap - Fuel Pump Relay not engaging

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
David Barham is an unknown quantity at this point
91 Civic OBD1 Swap - Fuel Pump Relay not engaging

So i have a 91 Civic Sedan with the B20b swapped in, untill 2 days ago she ran fine on an OBD0 MPFI swap i had done a year ago.
Got the parts for OBD1 swap, (adapter harness for dizzy and ECU, 4 wire o2 sensor, running a chipped P06 ECU, OBD1 Dizzy)
I installed all the parts and went to start the car up and got crank but no fire.
Tested for spark and got great spark.
Tested for fuel, no fuel. Checked the fuel pump relay. only was getting a light singular click with no fuel pump turning on
with relay installed i jumped pin 8 to make sure i still had a fuel pump, even replaced the relay for ***** and giggles same result
and yes the groud on the thermostat housing is attached =p

ran a test on relay and relay harness according to this post http://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-c...-pics-2535047/

and tested the continuity of the zif socket to its respective chips according to this http://qcwo.com/technicaldomain/trou...-installation/

also soldered and installed jumper pins to the J1 for easy removal. tried turning on without jumper but still no fuel pump.

Ideas please!
Old 02-24-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 91 Civic OBD1 Swap - Fuel Pump Relay not engaging

UNDO everything you just installed, see if it runs on the old parts?
Old 02-24-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
David Barham is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 91 Civic OBD1 Swap - Fuel Pump Relay not engaging

still runs fine swapping back to OBD0 entirely. Im thinking somthing is ****ed in the ECU even though i traced the connections from the chip on board for breaks in solder.