Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Speakers intermittent after disconnecting the battery

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jonathan Doyen is an unknown quantity at this point
Speakers intermittent after disconnecting the battery

DX-G 2007 /Strange problem here, and any car audio wiz tells me i need to just replace everything.
I disconnected my battery for a load test, reconnected it. A tiny spark occured as i reconnected my neutral plug. Following that i entered my code in the audio system, only two find that only the two rear speakers were working. Sad at first i still drove my car to work. On the way back they decided to work fine from start to finish, all four. On my next trip, speakers would go on or off for no apparent reason. Only one stays faithful. Also, to make this even weirder, my audio system stopped displaying the max indicator, so just turns all the way to 40 and stays there? Any hints or clues before i take the thing apart?

I have a bluetooth receiver plugged into the 12v adapter and aux input. I think that might have played a role, but why would the speakers come back after? Also i havent any sound from the front speakers in a week
Old 10-26-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Speakers intermittent after disconnecting the battery

Make sure nothing knocked wires or connectors loose on the rear speakers?

Hell...nothing to lose, try another battery disconnect and short cables together for several minutes.....make sure key is off when you reconnect.
Microprocessors sometimes go stupid when voltage fluctuates or spikes.
Old 10-28-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jonathan Doyen is an unknown quantity at this point

You mean just plug my positive cable and negative cable? What would that do?
Youre not asking to short circuit my battery right?
Old 10-28-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

No of course you do not short the battery, that is quite dangerous.

You DISCONNECT the cables from the battery.
Then short (or jumper) the two cables together to discharge any capacitors and dump any memory from (most) computer modules and processors in the car.
Leave it this way for 10-15 minutes or so.

Then reconnect battery as normal and see what happens.
Try to make the last cable connection only make contact once, don't scrape along and jiggle to make a bunch of sparks and little voltage spikes.

Last edited by ezone; 10-28-2016 at 10:17 PM.