Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Lost Battery "hot" power

Old 05-25-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
saxman is an unknown quantity at this point
Lost Battery "hot" power

I have an '01 Civic and apparently don't have constant 12V from the battery for accessories. The A/C blower wasn't working, so we were troubleshooting it (turns out the blower motor was bad). Since then, we noticed a few other issues that seem to be related. We recently replaced the radio and the white/red wire did not have a constant 12V. Also, the power door locks only work if the key is "on". The SRS light on the dash is constantly on, and the interior light does not come on when the door is opened. The OBDII code reader no longer works (although it had before and works in my other car). All this suggests to me that there is no constant 12V where there should be. I checked the fuses and all seem to be good. I thought it might be a fusible link, but my research tells me there isn't one in an '01 Civic. There are 2 wires from the battery to the fuse box under the hood and both show "hot" with my multi-meter. I am stumped as to where to go from here and welcome any suggestions.
Old 05-25-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lost Battery "hot" power

The back up fuse is blown? Engine compartment fuse box

SRS will be a separate issue

See if dome works after you find the blown fuse