Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

2004 Honda Civic - No Power to Radio, Fuses OK

Old 07-16-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
2004 Honda Civic - No Power to Radio, Fuses OK

Hi everyone,
I was trying to install an aftermarket aux. cable to the stock CD/radio in my 2004 Honda Civic and now it doesn't seem to be getting any power at all. I disconnected the antenna cable while I was trying to put in the aux. cable but now it and the main cable are both plugged in. The aux. cable isn't currently plugged in as it has the wrong connection.

I've checked the main radio fuse as well as the back up fuse under the hood. All other accessories including the lights a/c, cigarrette lighter are all working.

Anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Cheers,

Dave
Old 07-16-2015
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2004 Honda Civic - No Power to Radio, Fuses OK

Did you bend any pins on the back of your radio while trying to plug in aux connector? Have seen a connector pin bend over and short to the pin next to it. It causes all kinds of fun and headaches when it happens.
Old 07-16-2015
Registered!!

Thanks heaps for your reply. I don't think that's it. The port is completely different to the plug of the cable I bought, so I couldn't even get close to putting it in =(
Old 07-16-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

engine compartment fuse box fuse #9
Dash fusebox fuse #8
Make sure neither is blown,
See that you have 2 powers at the radio harness plug A2 and A10
Ground on the black wire A20

Maybe you didn't get the radio connector plugged in all the way?

Did the aux plug make electrical contact with the radio at all? Could it have done internal damage to the radio?
Old 07-22-2015
Registered!!

Thanks for your reply. I've sorted it out but wanted to give you an update anyway.

I think it may have been a battery issue. I ended up getting frustrated with the radio not working, so I replaced it with an aftermarket Bluetooth/USB head unit and it worked, however it was resetting to factory defaults (e.g. Clock reset, no saved radio stations) every morning. As it is winter here and the car is parked outside, I got the battery tested and sure enough, it was only producing 8.5 volts.

So I switched it out and now everything seems to be working. The only thing that seems weird is that it took me fiddling with the original radio to start the issues with the power supply. Before then the car was sluggish to start, but the clock in the original radio never reset...

Thanks again for your help,

Dave