Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.
View Poll Results: Fog Lights: Which One Do You Have?
OEM
0%
Spec-D
0%
WinJet
0%
Spyder
0%
Some Ebay Brand
0%
Other
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Fog Light Brands

Old 09-14-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Fog Light Brands

Hey guys, I usually would much rather answer questions than ask them so please bear with me. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a set of new fog lights. I've always wanted them and I'm tired of it. There are plenty of people around here who have them, but I still don't feel like there's enough information here for me to not have to make a post.

I already know one big issue with the knockoffs is which switch you're gonna get with the kit... since I have a moon roof, I'd like to get the smaller one that mounts next to the accessory port. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. My big question is this: there a big difference in quality between the OEM fogs and the knockoff brands?

H and A sells the OEM ones for $255.00 plus shipping. I know that setup will get me exactly what I want, but if I can save $200 on the same exact thing elsewhere, then of course I will go for that! Brands like Spec-D, Spyder, and Winjet are only a few examples of sub-$100 pricing I've found, and ebay is can be even cheaper. On the other hand, I don't want to get a set that will crap out on me in a year or so.

Does anyone have any input or recommendations on brands? Does OEM have $200 worth of advantage over the rest, or would I be wasting my money?

Last edited by Poopies; 09-14-2014 at 07:24 PM. Reason: added stuff
Old 09-15-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fog Light Brands

I am sure the OEM ones are very nice but I have a set of the Spec-D and they are better then I thought for the price I paid. I did replace the relay with a better one. I have close up pics if you want?

Get a new stalk style switch from a Fit. Then your switch will be a rotary style.
Old 09-16-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Fog Light Brands

Originally Posted by GolNat
I did replace the relay with a better one. I have close up pics if you want?

Get a new stalk style switch from a Fit. Then your switch will be a rotary style.
Yes, pictures please! What relay did you end up getting? From what year Fit did you get the switch?