Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Stock Speaker Size

Old 05-19-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UberSlackr is an unknown quantity at this point
Stock Speaker Size

I have a 2002 Civic LX Coupe. The stock speakers are crapping out, and I would like to replace them.

Does anyone know what the Stock Speaker Size is?
I've tried googleing it, but get mixed answer.. Some say 6.5 front/back, others say 6.5 Front/6x9 Back.

I intend on ordering the new speakers online, and do not want to order the wrong size.

Could someone please tell me the Stock size, or where I can look on the car to find the information.. I don't have the owners manual, and can't find it online either.
Old 05-20-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stock Speaker Size

sedans are 6.5 all around. coupes are 6.5 front and 6x9 rear BUT not all speakers this size will fit. for the fronts, most standard size version will require 3/4 or 1 inch spacer otherwise the window will hit the speaker when you roll it down. or you could get shallow mount speakers. for the rear, some 6x9 will hit the torsion bars that keep the trunk lid open.
Old 05-20-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UberSlackr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
sedans are 6.5 all around. coupes are 6.5 front and 6x9 rear BUT not all speakers this size will fit. for the fronts, most standard size version will require 3/4 or 1 inch spacer otherwise the window will hit the speaker when you roll it down. or you could get shallow mount speakers. for the rear, some 6x9 will hit the torsion bars that keep the trunk lid open.
What is a "Spacer?" I can not find a listing for them online to purchase.
Old 05-20-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

any audio shop will have em. its a circular hollow "ring" of a certain thickness that you install to the door metal, then install the speaker to the spacer. plastic is best because it resists wate damage.