Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Do amplified speakers make a big noticeable difference?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008
Pinkslip Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
Do amplified speakers make a big noticeable difference?

Title pretty much says it all. Currently I have a pioneer h/u, rockford amp and a clarion 10 inch sub (as of today, had an infinity sub, but blew it )

anyways im now considering replacing all my stock speakers, and I would like to amplify them...if its worth it. what are your guys experience? ive never heard//been in a car with ampd speakers
Old 01-30-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Do amplified speakers make a big noticeable difference?

i have amped speakers and they are nothing spectacular, but do have amazing sound quality. The sound that comes out of these is simply clear. It wont thump your car or blow your ears, but the speakers are just so amazingly clear. I have Alpine Type-R's running off an Alpine MRP-F450 off of an Alpine CDA-9983. It all sounds really clear.
Old 01-30-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

There will be a definite improvement in clarity and quality. I definitely noticed a difference when I amped my boston acoustics.
Old 01-31-2008
Registered!!

aznprid214 has a spectacular aura aboutaznprid214 has a spectacular aura about

so you do recommend getting aftermarket speakers then. it should help with the sound quality on and stuff right? right now I have an amp on my stock speakers but thats just to filter out the bass. I guess you can say its amped but im not really pushing it. I think it sounds better than my original setup because of the fact that nothing gets distorted.
Old 02-01-2008
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aznprid214
right now I have an amp on my stock speakers
you're the first person i've ever heard of doing this.
Old 02-01-2008
Registered!!

aznprid214 has a spectacular aura aboutaznprid214 has a spectacular aura about

well im not really pushing it... just more of cutting the bass out...
Old 02-01-2008
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

i know, but still. i think most would consider putting an amp on stock speakers a waste. most would put aftermarket speakers on stock HU before the other way around.
Old 02-01-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

lol thats amazing. If I were you id go buy some nice speakers, then right before you install them, turn the amp all they way up and watch the paper cones rupture and tear. Give us a video =D
Old 02-01-2008
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

If you look at the stock speakers closely, you'll see that they're made by pioneer. However, pioneer speakers aren't the greatest for sound.
Old 02-03-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the difference is very noticable. i have my infinity speakers amped at 25w rms which is on the low side but they still pound alot better than stock 5-10w with much better clarity and bass response. dont get aftermarket speakers if you don't want to amp them. they will suck being underpowered.
Old 02-03-2008
Registered!!

carter is an unknown quantity at this point

Aftermarket speakers witha good HU automatically make a noticeable difference depending on how much more power you add to them you will notice a differnt. As for adding another 40 - 50rms i doubt it make a big difference unless your hitting the exact RMS of our speakers and arent complete low budget.
Old 02-04-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

^ you must not have an amp or have heard amped speakers to be saying that. it will blow you away how much better they would sound. most "good" aftermarket decks put out 15w rms if youre lucky and did the wire upgrade to the deck power and ground. if you go from 15w to 30-50w, thats double the power. ive had people ask me what kind of expensive speakers i was running when they heard how good it sounded, and often ask my their upgraded speakers dont have the same effect as my low end amped infinity.

stock speakers can barely take 5wrms maybe 10w, and the stock deck gives around 10w. so getting a new deck you only increase by around 5w or so and the speakers will prolly blow from being overpowered. add new speakers and you have the opposite effect: underpowered when they were rated for 60w and only get 15w.

Last edited by gearbox; 02-04-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-04-2008
Registered!!

hmm, well i guess id consider ampifying the speakers that i have currently but will it make a difference rite now i can hit about 40/40 on my HU and they wont distort a bit and everything sounds to be in a clean mix i ahve the 2 rear infintiy 6012Is and front stock but ill look into that for shore. I guess mid Bass with good bass from the trunk would make a huge difference?
Old 02-04-2008
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute

Just get a deck like mine. Panasonic CQ-C9800U...its 70x4 max, and 60x4 RMS. It uses a digital amplifier in the hu. It sounds good on my aftermarket speakers...the highs are super clear and the bass pulls thru nicely.
Old 02-04-2008
Registered!!

While im doing all that ill Dynomatt the door pannels to improve sound quality and keep that road noise out (Makes sence thanks for that heads up)

even tho my HU says 25WRMS but nothings ever really whats its rated.

panasonic mxe cq-c9800u Really how much did you get a hold of this for. i wouldnt mind upgrading from my MXE CQ-C5410U model HU.

I first got to find some one to buy my other 2 panansonic HU. One being that C5410U lol.

Last edited by carter; 02-04-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-05-2008
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute

i got it from ebay...it was seller "Red Tide Relief"...i got mine for $164 free shipping....it was refurbished...but i couldn't tell...the deck looked fricken brand new! This deck was rated by crutchfield...you can read the review on it. but yeah man, u gotsta upgrade!