Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Faulty Alarm after flat battery

Old 10-20-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doghandler will become famous soon enough
Faulty Alarm after flat battery

I have a 1997 Civic 1.6i ES Doghandlers Civic which has been sitting unused for some months now. On going to start it the battery was flat as the proverbial pancake. I charged it up but now can't seem to get it to turn off. The doors open and close by the remote, the car starts and runs ok but the 4 way flashers keep going, the alarm siren keeps sounding and the dash led for the alarm systems flashes continuously. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery but the fault remains. The alarm was a factory fit.
Any ideas or suggestions gratefully accepted, (even the rude ones ). Have been over the manual a dozen times but it gives nothing much about the alarm or the resetting procedure.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by Doghandler; 10-20-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-20-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
Re: Faulty Alarm after flat battery

Do you have the remotes?
If so then push the dearm button or the unlock button.
If not is there a fuse for it, I would bet so.
Old 10-20-2007
Registered!!

When I push the dearm button the doors unlock but the red led continues to flash. If I open the door at this stage the alarm sounds and the 4 ways flash but I am able to start the engine and drive the car. If I push the rearm button the doors lock again.
Old 10-20-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Push it twice.

It is possible that the alarm is set up so that:
Push arm once- Lock doors
Push arm twice- lock doors and arm alarm

Push dearm once- unlock doors
Push dearm twice- unlock doors and unarm the alarm.
Old 10-20-2007
Registered!!

I will try this tomorrow. I have got the car stored away from the house at the minute. Will post up what happens. However prior to the battery going flat the doors locked and the alarm armed with just the one push.
Is there a button somewhere under the dash that resets the alarm. I read a post somewhere about this but can't bring it up again now that I'm looking for it.
Old 10-21-2007
Registered!!

Down at the car now, have tried pressing the button on the alarm fob twice, still the same result. The alarm system doesn't seem to want to turn off. I have tried disconnecting the battery both with the doors locked and then unlocked but nothing seems to reset the system. The red led on the dash which used to flash when the alarm system was set and then remain off when the system was dearmed seems to stay flashing all the time. I can not find out much about the alarm from the manual, the fob has 1 led (bottom right on the fob in the picture) which flashes red when locking/arming the vehicle and green when unlocking/dearming it, and 2 push buttons one for arming (left in the picture) and one for dearming (right in the picture) the system. On the back of the fob the name valeo is printed.
Any help greatly appreciated, I am at a total loss.

Last edited by Doghandler; 10-21-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-21-2007
Registered!!

Dude this really sux, I am at a loss.
Old 10-21-2007
Registered!!

After some hoking and poking I found a black box behind the kickpanel at the drivers (RHD Vehicle) footwell. On the side of it is "LaserLine U909" which seems to be the alarm make and model and as you can see from the picture there is a large white multiplug going into it. The blue wire nearest the camera on the right was loose and unattached to anything but I am unsure where it was located in the multiplug before. As you can see I put it in an empty space, held securely by a piece of matchstick in case I need to relocate it. When I reconnected the multiplug the alarm led on the dash has now stopped flashing, indeed the alarm doesn't appear to be working at all now but while annoying it is better than the siren and flashers going all the time. The car starts and runs ok and the central locking opens and locks perfectly.
If anyone has the same alarm system or has access to a manual for LaserLine alarms I would be grateful for any info or pictures. Thanks for all your help.

Old 01-01-2015
Registered!!

Faded bass is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same problem a few years ago after killing my battery on installing led lights and subs (was still new to car electrical work). I don't have a keyless remote so The way I "fixed" the problem is every time I connect my battery I have to first turn the key to accessory and have the driver door open then connect the battery and it bypasses the security system. I would try that if you are still having problems