Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Drum Bleeder Screw Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice
Drum Bleeder Screw Question

What do you guys use to loose the drum bleeder screw ? A socket wont work cause it wont fit and a 8 mm wrench doesnt seem to be working either, i tried and it seems to start to strip.

If your lookin at the drum like this

and you have your wrench on the bolth at 11 o'clock you turn the wrench clockwise right ? but then the wrench hit the drum at starts to slide off
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Re: Drum Bleeder Screw Question

That's not the bleeder screw in the picture... Since you mentioned an 8mm wrench, I'll assume you really are talking about the bleeder and not how to remove the drum from the hub (as pictured).

I used the closed end of the wrench to loosen the bleeder and then used the box end to open and close the bleeder. It's a tight fit but if you angle it right it will work. You need to use a wrench anyways instead of a socket unless you want brake fluid all over the place.
Old 04-02-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

if you're referring to the bolts between the studs, disengage the parking brake.
The bleeder is on the back, get an 8mm wrench, use the closed side of the wrench, righty tighty, lefty loosey.
Old 04-09-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice

nah yea i got it, i was talking about the bleeder screw on the inside of the drum, if your facing the drum like in the picture you actually have to turn right cause the screw is not facing you so its reverse
Old 06-25-2010
Registered!!

TCPBryson is an unknown quantity at this point

So question is do I have to bleed rear drums if I only worked on front discs? and if so where is the bleeder valve on drums?

I know this is probably a stupid question but I replaced my front rotors and pads on civic hatch. We accidentally removed one of the fluid screws. so we bleed the front brakes. I have rear drums, everyone i asked said its not necessary to bleed the drums because they should be on a separate system. But I have a real light pedal now and it doesn't hold pressure. Someone said my master cylinder is going but it seems to coincidental that it happened right after break job.