Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

7th Gen Civic's TIRE REVIEW THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
7th Gen Civic's TIRE REVIEW THREAD

These are getting more and more popular and more and more annoying.
As soon as this thread begins gaining some strength, ALL "what tire is good" threads will be immediately locked.
If you're looking for sizes, here's a tire calculator

With that being said, this is an INFO thread. Keep the bantering to a non-existent level.
The following information is what you need to post in easy to comprehend list form.

The Tire Brand/Model and size
The Treadwear rating
How many miles you put on them before replacement
Your typical driving situation categorized by: Mostly Highway, Mostly City, Track/Autocross Only, Drag Race only (note, I don't care if you go canyon running or any other idiot stuff, and I don't want to hear about it either).
From 1-10 on: IN THE INTEREST OF CONSISTENCY THE BASIS FOR COMPARISON IS THE STOCK TIRES, WHICH ARE RATED AT 3 ALL THE WAY DOWN THE LIST
Dry Grip
Wet Grip
Snow capable? (Yes/No, if yes, give a number)
Road Noise
Comfort (judge the sidewall stiffness to the best of your ability)
Cornering stability
Would you buy then again.
Further constructive comments...

Reviews of the stock tires (Firestone FR690s and Bridgestone RE92s) are completely unnecessary and will be deleted.
If you just bought the tires or have had them for less than 5000 miles (Race only tires excluded from the milage limit, but use judgement), don't bother posting a review. The thread won't dissappear, you'll have your chance. This thread is intended to inform people, and new tires just aren't going to tell you anything about what they're going to do long term.
With that having been said...... Begin the list.

Anyone using this for reference should realize that the opinions are opinions and should not construe this to be absolute.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 01-06-2006 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-06-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Yokohama AVS ES100, 215/45/17
280 Treadwear
Lasted 17K
Mostly Highway, some autocross
Dry Grip: 8
Wet Grip:7
Snow? NO
Road noise: 5
Comfort: 6
Buy again: 8

These lasted much longer than I expected. They breakaway predictably, and scream before they do. The sidewall is a little soft, it takes an instant to set into a corner before it really grabs on. These were really good in the rain.

Kumho Ecsta MX 205/50/15
200 treadwear
Lasted approx 4000 miles
RACE/AUTOCROSS ONLY
Dry Grip: 9
Snow? NO
Road noise: 7
Comfort: 4
Buy again: 10

Better suited for the race track than autocross. They need heat to work and seem far more resistant to overheating than some of the other Ultra high performance street tire options. Amazing grip in the dry, not bad in the wet, surprisingly quiet. Predictable and squeals before it lets go.

Kumho Ecsta ASX 215/45/17
400 treadwear
Approx 15K, Still going
Equal City/Highway
Dry Grip: 6
Wet Grip:5
Snow? Yes 4
Road noise: 6
Comfort: 8
Buy again: 4

I just don't like them. They're very hairy in the snow, don't seem terribly fond of rain either. They're OK driving tires, but just don't give a great deal of confidence inspiring grip in my opinion.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 01-10-2006 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-06-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostaddict is on a distinguished road
Ill bite -
Toyo T1S 215/35R18
300 treadwear
~7000
50% City, 40% Highway, 10% Autox

Dry Grip: 8.5
Wet Grip: 8
Snow capable?: Ha, I dont think so
Road Noise: 6 - They are way louder than I thought they would be
Comfort: Taking the 5th, I am not a good judge of this
Cornering stability: 9.5 - Excellet!
Would you buy then again: Cant - T1Rs are replacing them

Good tire, my mileage is way off b/c I was trying to get my alignment/Ride height/Spring rates set with these tires. So, they were not correctly aligned most of the time. I would expect approx. 15k on these with correct alignment. These are my favorite tires as far as breakaway characteristics go. They let you know when they are going, and do it VERY progressively. They dont hold heat all that well (what can I expect out of a 35 series) - Only downside, fairly soft sidewall forces high airpressures to avoid excessive sidewall roll - Overall, excelent street tire.

Khumo Ecsta MX 225/40R18
200 treadwear
So far, 2k
40% City, 40% Highway, 20% autox

Snow capable? I wouldnt if I were you
Road Noise: 9
Comfort: Cant say
Cornering stability: 9
Would you buy then again: Yes!!

I know, low mileage on these so far, I will post back when I have more miles. Hold heat amazingly well, work much better when warm. Stiff! sidewalls a plus for me. Breakaway very predictable, fall off a little faster than toyos. Less road noise than expected, almost stock tire noise levels. Very good tire for the price. I have no problem recommending this tire as long as you realize the treadwear is low. - This tire is happiest with really high cornering loads and speeds - aka track days. Slower stuff, you have to be really, really smooth for these to be happy.
Old 01-06-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 225/50/16
280 Treadwear
Approx. 12k miles, sold.
50/50 City/Hwy
Dry Grip: 10
Wet Grip: 10
Snow: no
Road Noise: 6
Buy Again: 9

I used these tires when I had my SF turbo, yet stock clutch. I never ever slipped traction in 1st or any other gear ... but that could be because my clutch couldn't put down all the power of the turbo. The only time these slipped was in the rain in 1st gear. Again, probably due to my clutch not grabbing. Handling wasn't the greatest ... but I was also on blown shocks and oem rear sway.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 215/40/17
280 Treadwear
Approx. 5k miles, sold.
50/50 City/Hwy
Dry Grip: 7
Wet Grip: 7
Road Noise: 6
Comfort: 4
Buy Again: 2

These didn't provide the straightline traction that I was looking for. However, braking and acceleration were incredible, seeing as how this specific size only weighed 19 pounds per tire, according to Tirerack.com. Cornering was decent, although I didn't push it too hard in the corners since I didn't feel confident (due to the slippage of 1st gear WOT). Even though I have my Megan Coilovers and my 22mm DC5-R rear sway, the car still didn't feel the greatest in corners. I have my K20A, so the slippage in 1st that I am experience will not be the same for D17 drivers. My 2nd gear WOT runs didn't slip though. Also, my comfortability rating was low because I was always afraid of bending my already-soft SSR rims from potholes, dips, uneven pavement, etc ... bad idea to get 40's in the first place for me. Straightline problems are also probably due to the low profile.

Michelin Pilot Sport 2 225/45/17
220 Treadwear
Approx 5k miles, still going.
50/50 City/Hwy
Road Noise: 8
Comfort: 6
Buy Again: 10

OMFG these are the best tires I have ever used. I have ZERO straightline dry traction problems in 1st, even on the coldest of nights. Wet traction WOT runs are still bad in 1st, but that is to be expected of any tire. Wet traction handling is AMAZING though ... dry traction handling is even better. Now the car feels like it's on rails. Driving in the rain feels like dry pavement. My only complaint is that they are super expensive and that they wear pretty quickly.. but that's to be expected of a 220 wear rating.
Old 01-06-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
Pirreli P6 Four Season 195/60R/150
35k mileage
still have them on
Your typical driving situation categorized by: highway and city (equal)

Dry Grip 10
Wet Grip 9
Snow capable? yes 5
Road Noise 8
Comfort 8
Cornering stability 6
Would you buy then again. yes if i could afford them (cost me $400 or so for them)
Further constructive comments: i like them very good in wet weather and good in dry conditions they have a lot of grip and are good for oem replacement tires
Old 01-10-2006
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
Nexen N3000 205/40/r17
35,000 miles and still going
Your typical driving situation categorized by: City

Dry Grip 10
Wet Grip 9
Snow capable? yes 9
Road Noise 9
Comfort 9
Cornering stability 10
Would you buy then again. 200 bux a tire, hard to find, korean engineered, id be lucky just to find these.
Further constructive comments: These will last forever if all i do is city driving

Last edited by rEkKaShInObI; 01-10-2006 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-10-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Bridgestone turanza LS-H grand touring (stock 15 inch size)
Lasted 22k and still plenty of tread
Mostly city, some highway
Wet Grip:8
Snow? not bad
Road noise: 8 (very quiet)
Buy again: 10

This tire is a night and day difference compared to the stock crapstones. They have excellent traction in dry, wet, even snow if you drive slowly. These feel like luxury tires. Very little road noise and great handling. For an all season tire you can't go wrong. My only complaint is they are a bit heavier than most tires which might make me choose something else next time.
Old 01-10-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
Nexen N3000 205/40/r17
35,000 miles and still going
Your typical driving situation categorized by: City

Dry Grip 10
Wet Grip 9
Snow capable? yes 9
Road Noise 9
Comfort 9
Cornering stability 10
Would you buy then again. 200 bux a tire, hard to find, korean engineered, id be lucky just to find these.
Further constructive comments: These will last forever if all i do is city driving

If you paid $200 per tire, you got ripped off like CRAZY!

http://tiredlr.com/index_nexen.php?referID=o

Nexen N3000 tires from that site are $69 per tire in 205/40/17
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

legacyse is an unknown quantity at this point
Track set:

Falken RT-615 - 205/50/15
200 treadwear
Expecting X,000km
Hwy 20% / 80% Track
Wet Grip: 9 (tires are still relatively new)
Snow: N/A
Road noise: 8 (not bad)
Comfort: 7
Buy again: 9

** Would like to have a set of R-Compound if possible**
These tires needed a lap or two of warm up before they starts to really grip, however they can take the abuse and won't get greasy easily like the 712 after a few laps. With a better alignment i'm sure the vic can corner faster and with much more confidence.

Summer set:

Kumho Ecsta 712 - 205/55/15
340 treadwear
11,000km, expecting another 7-8k
City60%~Hwy40% / Rarely Track
Dry Grip: 8 -> edit:6 (they are actually not great at all)
Wet Grip:6.5
Snow? 3. Didn't have time to put snows on.
Road noise: 7 (50% worn and is getting a little noisy)

Edges of the tire were heavily sliced and chunks fell off after track events. Overall a great tire for street use and will purchase the new SPT or similar tire again.

Winter Set:

Bridgestone Blizzark LM-18 - 195/60/15 (snow tires)
3XX treadwear
20,000KM+, expecting another 12K
City70%~Hwy30%
Wet Grip: 8.5
Snow? 9
Road noise: 8

Last edited by legacyse; 06-17-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-17-2006
If Your Reading This Your Dee Dee Dee

Bad_Civc is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuzion HRi
( dont know treadwear )
5k miles
75% City ( i deliver pizza ) 25% highway
Snow? 6 ( slid once and i KNEW it was becuz of wheel spin )
Road noise: 3 ( not too loud.. its a rather quite tire )

Overall I like em so far...

Dayton Daytona HR w/ Uni-T
dont Know treadwear
20k miles.. ( and a few good burnouts took em )
40% City ( i deliver pizza ) 60% highway .. when i first got my civic these were installed and BRAND new..
Wet Grip: 6 ( still spun em with heavy rain only tho )
Snow? 4 ( these sucked for me in light snow..
Road noise: 7 .. over concrete highways at 75 it was loud and noticeable
Comfort: 9
Buy again: 7

i liked em.. they arent really worth the 135 per tire asking price ( in my area ).. i got rid em becuz i needed new ones
Old 01-17-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Federal Super Steel 595
Size: 205/40/17
Treadwear: 240AA
Miles: 15,000-20,000
Driving: Mostly Highway
Dry Grip: 7.5
Wet Grip: 7
Snow: NO
Comfort: 6.5
Cornering Stability: 7
Repurchase: 7.5
COMMENTS
Comfort suffers because they are 17s.
No warning when they are about to give.
Extra rubber to protect rim from curb damage.

Falken Ziex ZE-502 (Replaced by ZE-512)
Size: 195/65/14
Treadwear: 340AA
Miles: 20,000+
Driving: Mostly Highway
Wet Grip: 7.5
Road Noise: 7
Cornering Stability: 8
Repurchase: 9
COMMENTS
Cheap affordable tires with enough performance for a Civic.
Lets you know when they are about to give.

Pirelli Super Sport P9000
Size: 205/40/17
Treadwear: Need to Check
Miles: ~10,000 and going
Driving: Mostly City
Wet Grip: 6.5
Comfort: 6.5
Cornering Stability: 8
Repurchase: 6
COMMENTS
I can actually get these tires to chirp from a stand still...in my auto.
Seems to have trouble finding grip in the wet.
Don't want to mislead...these are some good tires but for the same price you can get better.
Old 02-23-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW
205/50/16
wet-90
dry-90
snow-no
city/highway
road noise-8
comfort-9
buy again-definitely

i've had them for 3000 miles so far, i can hit corners in rain and sunny weather, and not worry of spinning out, although the driver is a varying factor. i love them, and will buy them again!
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=Potenza+RE950

Bridgestone Potenza RE950 (high performance all season)
size: 195/60/15
400, A, A
have not replaced, ran 15k miles on them. at least 70% thread left still
half city, half highway

Snow capable: have not tested
Road Noise: 8.5
Comfort: 8.5
Cornering stability: 7
Would you buy them again: 6, price is kind of steep
Further constructive comments: keep in mind i have a thin tire size. but its still a perfect tire for my daily driver needs.

Last edited by D17thgen; 04-20-2006 at 04:21 AM.
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

slowcoupe03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bridgeston Turanza LS-H 195/60/15
new tires put on last week
Mostly Highway
Dry Grip 7
Wet Grip 7
Snow capable? no snow where i live
Road Noise 9
Comfort 10
Cornering stability 7
Would you buy then again - if I want all season, quite, soft riding tires? yes
Further constructive comments... Going from Potenza to Turanza, I knew I would be giving up performance. And that's what has happened. For an all season grand touring tire, it performs well and it is very quiet and comfortable. But it understeers more, there is less steering feel, steering is less accurate, and I can't take corners as fast as I used to. Hydroplaning resistance isn't good as Potenzas. That's ok. I wanted a smooth quite ride with decent handling and wet performance.

Bridgeston Potenza RE950 195/60/15
about 60k before replacement - if I didn't corner so hard so frequently, tires could have lasted longer.
Mostly Highway
Dry Grip 10
Wet Grip 10
Snow capable? no snow where i live
Road Noise 2 (on smooth roads its still quiet)
Comfort 3
Cornering stability 10
Would you buy then again maybe-because of high road noise
Further constructive comments...
It's a great tire. Gives you long life. It's makes the Civic amazingly fun to drive - gives you razor sharp steering, amazing grip and handling. Resistnace to hydroplaning is amazing as well. The ride is harsh and road noise can get quite bothersome, but I think it's a still good tradeoff betwen tires life/performance/comfort - with more performance bias though. If you have a bigger car with a better suspension design, such as BMW, the road noise and comfort may be less of an issue.
Old 06-20-2006
Registered!!

Miketheone2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dunlop Direzza 215/45r16
Dry Grip 9 (track tested)
Wet Grip 7 (track tested)
Snow capable? no
Road Noise 4
Comfort 6
Cornering stability 9

very very agile tire, very good price, gonna cry just a bit before slice.

Toyo Garett 195/65r15
dry grip 7
wet grip 6
Snow capable? yes
Ice capable? yes
Road Noise 8
confort 9
Cornering stability 8

Best tires ever used for domestic winter car

Last edited by Miketheone2k1; 06-20-2006 at 02:29 AM.
Old 06-23-2006
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light
Falken Azenis RT-615
City, Highway, Track/Autocross
Dry Grip 10 (track tested)
Wet Grip 9.5
Snow capable? no
Road Noise 10
Comfort 10
Cornering stability 10

Falken has really impressed me with this one. They have improved alot from the RT-215. wet-grip is much better with these too, they've never given up on me in rain, no scary experience on the Highway either. Overall awesome tires. Got them from Vulcan tire, awesome price, WOULD BUY AGAIN FOR SURE!!

The only issue is that they kinda become greesy after about 15-20 mins on the track on a summer day, which is not a big deal for me cuz I have to get off anyway to let the stupid drums to cool down.

Last edited by MrXclusivE; 06-23-2006 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-02-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
lol that guy who paid 200 per tire for nexen is funny...i can get a set of 4 for 150 or so...cheap *** tires those are...i got the RT-615s now and they are great...worth the money...75-80 per tire i can get them to people for 205/50/15
Old 07-02-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
Kumho Ecsta 711 215/40/17
10k+
Lotsa city driving, moderate amount of highway, some dragway.
Wet Grip: 3
Snow capable? Unsure, doesnt snow here
Cornering stability:6
Would you buy then again: hell no

These tires are alright for hte price, i got 'em at like $80/tire. They have a very poor wet weather grip, any kinda turning with speed and ur gonna slide. They do not handle well to any kind of quick starts/launches, have no trouble spinning them. Ride very well though, and the wear is decent. I cant give an accurate wear rate, as ive replaced each at least once due to flats. All in all, they are ok if you have to get a cheap tire, but if ur doin anything more than daily driving (drag, autox, just going fast) I woulndt get them.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road
where's all the people who has toyo tires...subscribed for lata references.
Old 07-29-2006
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
Hankook K106 205/40-17
Treadwear: 340
Milage: roughly 18 grand
Driving conditions: mostly city, some highway
Wet Grip: 3
Worthless in snow, dont try it.
Road Noise: 3, very loud tires.
Comfort: 3, rattles your teeth out, but im sure the 40 series is at fault there.
Cornering stability:6
Would you buy then again: 2

Further comments:
These tires came on my enkei rs7's from wheelsnext.com. They are horrible IMO. I have relatively no confidence in these tires in the rain. although dry traction all together is good. Not very stable tires and i had to have them balanced frequently. These tires are priced right to get you moving, but i wouldnt suggest attempting any 'spirited' driving with them, as you will be very dissappointed with your purchase.
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

astrosi is an unknown quantity at this point
Yokohama Prada Spec 2 205-45-16s
City, Highway,
Wet Grip 9
Snow capable: if i wanna slide,Maybe hahah... NO
Comfort: 10
Cornering stability: 8

These tires are doing its job... And it's very reasonable price ...
Old 08-10-2006
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
Kuhmo SPT
340 per Tire Rack I believe
So far, ~10K and still going strong
Mostly Highway, Some city, Occasional Auto-X

Wet Grip: Hasn't rained yet
Snow capable? Wouldn't recommend
Road Noise: 8 (Very quiet)
Comfort (judge the sidewall stiffness to the best of your ability): 8 on 205/55/15, very comfortable
Cornering stability: 7
Would you buy then again? Yes

Comments: Great tire. Last time I checked, it was about at $1 difference between the Kuhmo ASX and the Kuhmo SPT and the SPT is a great tire. Tire people on H-T consider it on par with the Yoko ES100, if not better. Great tire for the price.

I had the ASX and read Boilers' review for it.
Old 08-10-2006
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
Bf goodrich g-force 205/50/15
17k+ still on car
Mostly Highway
Road noise: 4
Buy again:8

I drive 100 miles a day to and from work and these tires are still going strong....360 treadwear and very good traction makes this a hard tire to beat!
Old 08-12-2006
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice
Falken ZIEX 512

Falken ZIEX 512 195/60zr15
420 Treadwear
20k still runnin
50/50 City/Hwy
Wet Grip: 9
Snow: 7, light snow is great
Road Noise: 9
Comfort: 9
Buy Again: 10 10 10 10 10 10 10

I drive 42 miles each way to work, 84 miles a day on Rt 287 and Rt 80 Jersey. Now if you know how bad those roads are.. these tires are still trekkin like new.

The new Ziex ZE512 maximizes the all-season performance with a uni-directional tread design and large circumferential grooves for superior wet weather handling. This tire offers a smooth, quiet and comfortable ride along with an improved rim protection ridge to protect your custom rims. Performance never looked so good.

Rated #1 by a leading consumer magazine

Last edited by cwo715; 08-12-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-05-2006
Registered!!

klectic has a spectacular aura aboutklectic has a spectacular aura aboutklectic has a spectacular aura about
^ i used to run on ziex and they are great for the price! would recommend for a reasonable valued all round performance tire.

now i am using NEXEN 3000
summer rated tire (though has good wet traction)
3+ months (still on car)
mainly city driving
Dry Grip: 9 (great dry traction)
Wet Grip:9 (tread design is good for wet weather)
Snow: (haven't tried)
Road noise: barely any (less than the ziex and proxies imo)
Comfort: 8 (bumpiness due to my ride height 3")
Buy again: YES - they perform just as good as the ziex, even though they are a summer rated tire, NOT all season. are priced lower than the ziex and for my driving conditions and location (bc) they are a great buy!

Old 10-19-2006
Registered!!

ctx66 will become famous soon enoughctx66 will become famous soon enough
Yokohama Avid H4S
60highway/40city

Dry Grip -- 8
Wet Grip -- 8
Snow -- 3
Road Noise -- 7
Comfort -- 7
Cornering stability -- 8
Would you buy then again. -- 8
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

skiontwintips is an unknown quantity at this point
Yokohama Parada Spec-2
215/45/17
Treadwear: 300, AA, A - Highest possible wet traction rating
Mileage: Got them at the end of the summer, only 8,000kms so far
Driving conditions: 80% aggressive city, 20% highway
Snow: This is a high performance tire for summer use only.
Comfort: 8 - I moved from a 40-series to 45, so this might affect my judgment
Cornering stability:9
Rim protection: These tires offer more than most others
Price: I paid approx. $147CAN per tire.
Would you buy then again: YES!

Further comments:
I originally ran cheaper 205/40/17 Falken ZIEX 512s and was not happy at all with the performance those tires offered, let alone comfort or road noise. Moving to the Paradas was like a night and day transition - A certain sequence of turns that I never exceeded 100km/h on can now be approached at 120-130km/h with total confidence. Dry traction is excellent as long as the tires have had time to warm up, but its the Wet traction area that simply blew me away. Wet pavement might as well be dry to these tires - after a few runs in the rain I found myself taking the same sequence I mentioned above at the same speeds I was taking it in dry conditions with the Falkens. I've already converted two drivers to my Parada religion after they saw what an essentially stock Civic was able to do - I highly recommend these tires to anyone who can afford to pay a little bit more.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	paradaspec.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	69438  
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Falken Azenis RT-615
200 Treadwear
Approx.10k maybe if your lucky
50/50 City/Hwy
Road Noise: 10
Comfort: 10
Buy Again: 10

i will not wander from these tires. I have read every review, and have experienced a worn and new set. Both perform "Flawlessly". I increased my tire size from a 205/40/16 to a 215/45/16. I got a smoking deal on them @ $88 a tire. I seriously wont stray!!!!
Old 02-08-2007
Registered!!

EastBayStuntN is an unknown quantity at this point
Kumho Ecsta AST (high performance all season)
205/45/17 - UTQG: 400 AA XL
12k miles
50 highway/50 city driving
dry grip: 8
wet grip: 8
cornering: 7
snow: never tried
road noise: 8
comfort: 8
repurchase: 6
price: $303 for a set of 4 at tirerack

i wouldnt classify these tires in the performance catergory but great for someone who needs an inexspensive tire to drive from point A to B. i drive these in the rain on the highway around 80mph with no problem at all. very quiet compared to my wanli s-1099 and just as quiet as my previous Potenza's RE950. great affordable replacement for OEM tires.
Old 03-28-2007
Registered!!

speedlover37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 7th Gen Civic's TIRE REVIEW THREAD

Yokohama Avid T4 - 185/70/r14 (stock for my vp)
420 (?)
~45k
50/50 City/HW
Dry Grip - 7.5
Wet Grip - 7
Snow - 6
Road Noise - 6 (less noise being better)
Comfort - 7
Cornering stability - 6
Would you buy then again - 8

As a stock replacement, I think i got my money's worth with some improved performance

Quick Reply: 7th Gen Civic's TIRE REVIEW THREAD