Looking into buying a Honda Civic

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eseres is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking into buying a Honda Civic

Hey everybody,

I'm from the Central Valley (California) and have been looking for a Civic for months. I look on craigslist most every day, I have people keeping an eye out, and so far I've got nothing good really.

Anyway, I've mostly been wanting a 7th gen, but would also be willing to pick up a 6th gen if I could find one for a good price.

Anyone have suggestions where to look/how to find decent ones? I'd prefer 4door, stock everything (don't want one people have raced to the ground).

Also, any reason I should stick with looking for just 6th or just 7th gen?

I've never owned a civic (or honda for that matter), but I've just been looking for good gas mileage and reliability.

Any tips or information would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-30-2016
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Looking into buying a Honda Civic

7th gen is good and likely lower mileage, however many people consider the 6th gen to be the last of the "great" Civics. It's supposed to be more fun to drive due to its double-wishbone suspension, among other reasons. If you can find either with low mileage, it would be worth a test drive. I have seen some decent prices on our for sale section, so just keep an eye out. Try as many sites as you can!
Old 09-30-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the roughGusBuz is a jewel in the rough

I personally loved my 6th gen. It was great on gas, zippy and fun to drive, and most important reliable! It made a trip from SoCal all the way to San Fransisco for my honey moon lol.
I now have a 7th gen 04 ex coupe. Has more space and drives great also. This one also has great gas mileage. I wanted another 6th gen after mine was stolen but I didnt want to live in fear of it getting stolen again thats why i decided to go with the newer generation.

I would say look for a 7th gen since you want to keep it stock. It will have more room and be more comfortable for your passengers.

and just like poopies said try finding one with low mileage and just make sure the previous owner did the oil changes regularly at least. Although civics have a track record of going on forever, like any vehicle they wont last without the required maintenance.
Old 09-30-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eseres is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 2005 Honda civic EX for sale, clean title and registered 2017 tags and has 160,000 miles, the interior is in excellent condition and the exterior of the car is in alright condition, the car runs smooth and Shifts excellent, no leaks or slips, and everything electrical works including A/C, and it's all stock never been tampered with. Asking $2500 As Is. contact me at