05' Civic Ex Couple Door Skin Damage

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Appetite4gnr is an unknown quantity at this point
05' Civic Ex Couple Door Skin Damage

Hello. My Civic was backed into and there is damage into the passenger side door panel. I was thinking of having a new OEM door skin ordered, painted, and installed. Does anyone here have any experience with how well auto body shops have in matching the magnesium metallic colors of a civic. I was thinking of trying Maaco...they quoted $960. I just hope the paint matches exactly...it does seem like a very unique color.

Old 01-31-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 05' Civic Ex Couple Door Skin Damage

insurance ?
Old 02-01-2015
Registered!!

Appetite4gnr is an unknown quantity at this point

No, it is going to come out of pocket. It was hit into in my driveway by a family member and I cannot have their insurance premiums go up. I just hope that a new repainted skin will not look shoddy or anything.
Old 02-01-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Body and paint work: You get what you pay for.

If you want great work, you need to seek out the people with great reputations.

Might be cheap to get a used complete door in the right color and bolt it on.

Good, Fast, or Cheap. You can only pick two.
Old 09-03-2015
Registered!!

Pier7866 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Appetite4gnr
Hello. My Civic was backed into and there is damage into the passenger side door panel. I was thinking of having a new OEM door skin ordered, painted, and installed. Does anyone here have any experience with how well auto body shops have in matching the magnesium metallic colors of a civic. I was thinking of trying Maaco...they quoted $960. I just hope the paint matches exactly...it does seem like a very unique color.

It is going to be very expensive I checked my self a body shop for my nephew civic he had a little rust on passenger side front and rear door so the body shop guy mentioned to get the door skin instead of the whole door he was asking $700 a door to remove the old skin and put the new one on and paint. If you find a good complete door from a junkyard just the shell it should cost you not more than $200 or $250 or may be cheaper. In doing the door skin there is 7 to 8 hrs of labor involve where else the whole door will have about 3 to 4 hrs of labor. Hope this help