Painting my 02 sedan and need some help on color choice

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valarius is an unknown quantity at this point
Painting my 02 sedan and need some help on color choice

So here we go I am a professional painter by trade so just to get that out of the way so you all know that I know what I'm doing.

Now I got hail damage on my 2002 honda civic EX coupe I love the car and just took the check and am now going to repaint the entire car at first the plan was to just stick with the same "radiant ruby pearl" but as I think about it I am a little sick of that and want something new....

So what I need is some inspiration color ideas not looking for anything to ricey but I want it to look sportyish "about as sporty as a four door civic can look lol"

So just throw some stuff out (pics and maybe even a paint code if you know it) I will also throw up some pics of progress, I plan on painting her this next weekend

Thanks a lot for any help guys!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	86731  

Last edited by Valarius; 06-16-2014 at 12:53 AM.
Old 06-16-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Painting my 02 sedan and need some help on color choice

Welcome.

I like these colors:

Old 06-16-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH6oQbckCms

Links to go with above video

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2012/10/medina_stratup_darkside_scient.html

http://lumilor.com/
Old 06-16-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaand....
Plum Crazy Purple.

Old 06-16-2014
Registered!!

Valarius is an unknown quantity at this point

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	86740Alright so been looking into "Si blue" it looks deep and not to flashy but I am thinking about an offset thick and thin dual stripe in silver on the passenger side still open to ideas though

Progress is good grille, both bumper covers, front door handles, side view mirrors are all done

We have had record amounts of rain here so it has slowed me down considerably....

I have also decided to shave my door bumpers (so I will park miles from cars) and my trunk lock cylinder and plan to leave my emblems off to keep her looking clean
Old 09-15-2014
Registered!!

spoofee is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm normally against green, but that green pic looks nice.