Go Back   Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civics by Generation > 7th Gen > Other 7th Gen
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to civicforums.com!
Welcome to civicforums.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join civicforums.com today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2011   #1
Registered!!

Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Level up: 45%, 27 Points needed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 1.4%
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
me2em2 is an unknown quantity at this point
how do i decipher my em2 vin code?

ok guys im not sure how many people have had this come up. but im sure im in a good situation. here it goes.
i noticed a sweet looking red 05 civic coupe sitting at a local wrecking yard. i had to stop in to see whats up. the owner/mechanic tells me it was towed off the highway last fall (about 7 months ago). he tells me a lady broke down and told him the motor died. and he doesnt know any thing else about it. he filed for a mechaniccs lean and got the title.
now for the good part. he tells me he wants $600 for it. i told him sold, lol thats before i even looked under the hood or heard it try to run. after i payed him i went out to look it over closer i noticed a few dings and so on. but he hood had been slightly bumped. any now i cant get the thing open. i tryed to use the hood release. but it wont let go.
any way, my question is... is there any way to look up what engine it had or has by looking at the vin. and if its not a d17 v-tech then can i use a v-tech controller if i put a v-tech motor in.
me2em2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011   #2
Registered!!

Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Level up: 45%, 27 Points needed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 1.4%
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
me2em2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: how do i decipher my em2 vin code?

ok i know the oviouse thing to ask is it an ex, dx, or lx. i looked on the rear bumper and the letters arent on there. and i dont see and glue residue either. also my car doesnt have a sunroof. my avatar isnt the actual car but a very close copy. any help would be very much apreciated. then again i could mangle the hood to get in and take a look myself. but i havent taken delivery of the vehicle yet and want to know what it is so i can track down a good replacement for it.
me2em2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #3
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Points: 181,260, Level: 100 Points: 181,260, Level: 100 Points: 181,260, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of
joshua.cadavona My Twitter Username Not pro enough for Linkedin Too po' for this isht xRiCeBoYx
Send a message via AIM to xRiCeBoYx
Re: how do i decipher my em2 vin code?

Type in your VIN into a parts site, like http://www.hondapartscheap.com/southbay/jsp/home.jsp

when you hit enter, it'll tell you what you have.

Mine, when I type in my VIN, it tells me I have a 2002 Civic EX, 2 door, manual transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx View Post
You gay Kenny.. so gay.. This coming from a dude that was in the Navy.. hahahahaha..
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEM2 View Post
It will forever be Kenny' fault. He's like the grim reaper to Civics.
xRiCeBoYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011
CivicForums
Honda Civic

Paid Advertisement

Tags
05 , 2001 , 2002 , civic , code , decipher , em2 , engine , honda , manual , number , read , tranny , vin , vins