Rear Mud Flaps / Wheel Arch Lining

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MattHawkins is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Rear Mud Flaps / Wheel Arch Lining

Hello everyone,

I've got a UK 2001 (51) Honda Civic 1.6 VTEC EX 5 door Auto. It has just had a new rear bumper after my wife had a little accident with the original one.

It has come back from the body shop and the bumper looks fine.

Did this model of Civic come with rear mud flaps or any other sort of plastic wheel lining? We really can't remember and we are worried that they haven't been re-fitted after the repair. The new bumper seems to have fixing holes for something but we just can't remember whether there was anything there before.

When you look into the rear wheel arch you can see into the bumper cavity. The front arches have plastic liners.

I've looked at an X reg civic in the car park and it has rear mud flaps. I looked at an 02 Civic and that doesn't.

Just wondered if anyone out there could shed any light on it because I don't want to accuse the garage of losing them if they never existed in the first place.

I'm particularly sensitive about wheel arch linings after a garage failed to re-fit one on my Accord years ago and now I've got a nice rust patch to show for it!

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt