Installing LED Washer Nozzles.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hktvb2001 will become famous soon enough
Installing LED Washer Nozzles.

Hi,

I have looked into the Lighting section of DIY for the thread Installing LED Washers, but the page that load doesn't show how to install LED Washer, but it shows how to install Side Marker. I think there is an error.

So, I would like to ask if anyone can tell me how to install LED Nozzles Washer to my Civic 2001? I need explanation with picture, because it's hard to follow by words.

Or, can anyone find back the thread for the Installing LED Washers.

Thank you!
Old 10-03-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
Re: Installing LED Washer Nozzles.

There are so many things that could be said.
I will just keep to the facts:

You are 27.
You own a 2001 Civic.
You want to install LED washer Nozzles.
Again you are 27.

A lesser man would have had no mercy and ripped you apart for the ricer you appear to be.

I will simply ask: Why do you want LED washer nozzles?
Old 10-03-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Please. Think of the children. Don't put LED nozzles on your Civic.
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

What the heck? I want to show off with my car.. It is illegal? I am sorry, let me edit my age.. I am 20...
Old 10-04-2007

Yes, but there are other ways to tastefully show off your car. LED washer nozzles aren't as cool as you may think.

At the end of the day, it is your car, so do what you want, but I'm telling you man, you're going to catch more **** than compliments because of them. Pick up a decent set of headlights, or tint your taillights, put a drop on the car, hell, just paint the coil pack wire cover a different color. But I wouldn't do the LED nozzles. It screams "Rice!" just as much as APC products and yellow seat belt pads do.
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

^^^^That is about as nicely as it could have been said.
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

It depends.. different people have each different opinion. I have seen on another car with the LED Nozzles, and it was really nice. In my car now, I have the chrome tailight, HALO headlight, DVD player, NEON light inside the car. These is a lot already. I want to make my car look more blue color, so thats why I want the LED nozzle.
Old 10-04-2007

Post a couple pics of the car if you wouldn't mind. I'm definitely not an LED or neon fan, but I have some ideas. I still say stay away from LED washer nozzles, but there some other things you can do to add some more color. Simply put, aftermarket washer nozzles suck from a spray standpoint.

But post a couple pics of the car so we know what we're working with first.
Old 10-04-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hktvb2001
What the heck? I want to show off with my car.. It is illegal? I am sorry, let me edit my age.. I am 20...
Yes, LED washer nozzles are illegal in most states.
It isnt overly difficult. Go through the DIYs, one of the lighting DIYs is bound to have the wire for switched headlight power, and then you ground them.
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

CivicALC is an unknown quantity at this point

what about underglow...still too ricer?
Old 10-04-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

^depends on how it's done. do you have it installed already??

Last edited by AmbulanceMonkee; 10-04-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

I found a pic of some nice LED spray nozzles.

Here is the link if you are interested, not bad at only $70.00
http://www.mainlandmart.com/musicfountain.html
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Yes, LED washer nozzles are illegal in most states.
It isnt overly difficult. Go through the DIYs, one of the lighting DIYs is bound to have the wire for switched headlight power, and then you ground them.
any collor light other than white and amber/yellow facing foward and white, amber/yellow, and red facing rear are illegal in most if not all states. so u could have white or amber LED lights and sitll be legal. when i was a ricer i had a setup were i had a switch that said normal / cop. cop turned all the blue lights off and the LED washers to yellow. and made my car look stock. once he drove by it went back to normal mode

Last edited by DieMaster; 10-04-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

I am living in Canada, so when you mean state, does it have anything to do with me?? I will post some of my car's pic by tomorrow..
I have asked a guy in Canadian Tire (a store that sells car's accessory, and other stuff in Canada), and he said that they sold many of these kinds of light, and it's legal here.
Old 10-05-2007

Waiting for pics.....
Old 10-05-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Send me info on what u think is broken on the site and I will fix it. PM (send me a message) me if you need help changing anything in your profile that you cant do yourself.
Old 10-05-2007
Registered!!

Photo removed

Last edited by hktvb2001; 10-05-2007 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Page take long time to load..
Old 10-05-2007
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

yup thats defently a ricer the type R sicker says it all

but it's your car and if your happy thats all that matters. just lose the type R sticker
Old 10-05-2007

Honestly, I expected a lot worse. Have some rep for not completely ****ing up your car!

Looks like you should fix your fogs though, they appear to be busted.

Here's my opinion on what you should focus on. Stop wasting money on LEDs, shiny attachments, and furry seat covers. Get some new wheels and start socking away some money to put a drop on the car. You will be able to show off with a lot more taste and style with new wheels.

You may be thinking, "Why speedfoos?" Because. You can see your wheels in the daytime AND at night. As opposed to cheesy LEDs and neon that only show up at night. Don't get me wrong, neon can be nice. I had one of those blue neon subwoofer rings in my old 85 CRX (set to constant, not beats) and it was great. The stock interior illumination sucked so bad that neon actually served a purpose. But other than that, put your money towards something nice.
Old 10-05-2007
Registered!!

Yes, I am a ricer because I love my car... and the color of my car. That is my first car, and I will always buy White Car for my next car. I love that color. Too briliant.. Yeah, I would like to put some MAG on my car. Because my actual wheel are really ugly. and I know, my FOG light is broken, Im gonna change that into BLUE. I dont want to do anything on my suspension, such as dropping the car.. Or add a muffler.. I want to keep it natural, but good looking..
Old 10-05-2007

You would probably surprise yourself on how much you would like an inch drop on the Civic. Nothing drastic, just sat a little lower. Improves the handling and the looks all in one shot. Mag wheels are for BMX pedal bikes, not cars though.

I think you're mistaken on the term ricer. It has nothing to do with the color of the car. It has to do with the "mods" done to it, or more so, the mods that are advertised but not done to it.
Old 10-05-2007
Registered!!

Depends on what you think. I have seeb manyn cars with a lot of thing such as painted, different color on each piece.. I see that is very ugly.. If you do too much, ppolice will put their eyes on you. Thats why i dont want it too expressive..
Old 10-05-2007

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, you better watch out for the police. wouldn't want them to issue you one of these:

better hurry up and spray this liberally on your car, before you get ticketed:

Last edited by AmbulanceMonkee; 10-05-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-05-2007

here, i even filled it out for you.

Old 10-05-2007
Registered!!

^^Very nice.
Old 10-05-2007

^tried to rep you back. of course i'm not permitted to.
Old 10-05-2007
Registered!!

Sorry.. you are all wrong.. The sticker is Type S, not R.. sorry then.. Let do something. Why you guys doesnt show me your car. I will give you a big fresh ticket, and I am sure that you will love it all your life.. wise people.

Last edited by hktvb2001; 10-05-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-05-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Your right, it does look like the DIY is messed up. I've been looking around for the orig DIY, but havent been able to locate it- I've even looked in the old archives- it seems to have disapeared. I've tracked this problem back to 2004- derek was talking about fixing it but I guess he never got around to it.

You dont need an inline fuse since your headlights are allready fused, you just need to tap them off your parking lights. If you want to run a lower amperage, then you'll need an inline fuse- this is dependant upon the nozzles themselves- the package should say. If you want to run a switch to them, you'll have to run the wires through the firewall. Locate the parking light, and put a tap on it, then run a wire from the tap to the cabin via the firewall. From there, connect that to the in on the switch, then from there connect the out to the LED washers power in, then from the switch, connect the other terminal to a ground, either on your headlights, or the cig adapter or whatever one you want. You could run one wire off the power out terminal on the switch to each of the headlights, or one wire and then split it down the line to hit each washer nozzle, I'm not sure how they are wired to begin with. Thats basically all I can tell you.

Keep in mind its illegal to have any other color buy white, and maybe amber is legal, but lots of ppl that used to have these were pulled over.

If anyone comes across the DIY for the washer nozzles, PM me and I'll change the DIY... or if the OP wants to take pictures and write one up, I'll add yours to the DIY.

Last edited by TRIZ; 10-05-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-05-2007

OK. Here. Ticket me all you want.

Here's me in my wife beater.

And here's my ride. No LEDs, but it's got MAGs.

Last edited by speedfoos; 10-05-2007 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Cuz it's just funnier this way.
Old 10-05-2007
Registered!!

Ohh. cool.. Nice to meet you.

Quick Reply: Installing LED Washer Nozzles.