1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

EGR valve switch

Old 03-23-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDMbeast is an unknown quantity at this point
EGR valve switch

Hey guys, I've been searching and haven't been able to find an answer. My girlfriends has a 91 civic lx and it was giving a code for the egr valve lift sensor. I went to pick n pull and got a good replacement off a same year accord, but the connection was different so I just cut the wires and spliced in the correct connection which made the check engine light go away, but my question is will the egr valve I got at pick n pull cause any damage to the car or make it run different?
Old 03-23-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: EGR valve switch

The only thing I'd wonder about is the flow rate, might be a little greater for the larger displacement Accord engine.

If you don't notice any issues with how it runs at steady speeds, no bogging/hesitation/surging or the like, it's probably ok.

(If the EGR distribution passages are clogged up, you may never notice if the new valve were drastically wrong because clogging could effectively eliminate most or all EGR flow anyway)

If there are running problems with the Accord valve, is it possible to swap the lift sensors between the two valves? (assemble Civic EGR valve with Accord lift sensor)

Search this Thread