1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

A/C and heater issues?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tbolan91 is an unknown quantity at this point
A/C and heater issues?

Alright so I have a 1996 honda civic dx with athe d16 motor manual.
I am having an issue with my heater blowing where I want it. If I need to have my heater on defrost it blows on in the face. It actually does it with all settings. Where do I go to check to find the part that needs replaced to switch to the correct area I need it to go. Also what would the part be called.
Old 01-24-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A/C and heater issues?

If it's stuck on vents I think you'll have to do some testing to figure out which part(s) might be faulty.

Do you have a service manual and a DVOM?
Do you have a local recycle/you-pull-it yard you can get cheap used parts from?
Old 01-25-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tbolan91 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't have a manual, but I.do have a pick a part store. Is there like a blender door actuator that sits under the dash? Or is it something else? Also is the blower motor under the dash?
Old 01-25-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The two main electric parts for the floor/vent/defrost movements are an electric actuator (motor assembly) usually on drivers side of the heater housing in the dash, and the control panel with the pushbuttons.

With everything inside the car all quiet, can you hear the electric motor run as you push different mode buttons?

Before replacing stuff I might locate the actuator and give it a few taps, maybe the little electric motor is just stuck from sitting still for a long time....maybe use your hand to push/pull on the linkages a little to see if the electric motor will start moving on its own.