1st - 5th Generation Civic 1973 - 1995 In the years from 1973 to 1995 Honda released its 1-5th Generation Civics.
1st Gen 1972 - July 1979
2nd Gen 1979 - 1983
3rd Gen 1984 - 1987
4th Gen 1987 - 1991
5th Gen 1992 - 1995

I'm looking for as much help and knowledge about Hondas

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blicht is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm looking for as much help and knowledge about Hondas

Hello everyone I'm turning a new leaf on Hondas I've never really understood the details about fixing up a Honda but I've always owned them I've had 2, a Honda crx and my current 1994 Honda civic hatchback cx I believe. The crx i did all the little changes better spark plug and spark plug wires, exhaust, suspension but nothing with the motor cause I didn't know what or how to do it anyway I sold that, which I regret, now I have the civic which is nice i haven't really done anything to it I got it from a friend who got it from someone who apparently raced it at a track it's all stock from what I believe but you guys could probably tell me better, it just has a cold air intake, I'm guessing a custom exhaust I'm not sure, it's a dual overhead cam no ac battery is in the back, I'm just looking for as much help I can get in what to do with it cause I want it to be a decent quick car I know people always say do a engine swap but I don't currently have the funds for it, but I do make about 1500-1600 a month, I just want to be a real Honda owner rather than a guy that drives a Honda with a loud muffler and doesn't know anything. Thank you for reading and would love all the feedback I can get.
Old 07-08-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I'm looking for as much help and knowledge about Hondas

Search around, ask questions when you have em, and for the love of jeebus, if you ask for advice, don't brush off well written responses just because you don't like the answer. That last bit is the quickest way to get people to stop helping you.

I've learned most everything I know about cars thanks to this forum. Stick around and you'll learn quite a bit
Old 07-08-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blicht is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Search around, ask questions when you have em, and for the love of jeebus, if you ask for advice, don't brush off well written responses just because you don't like the answer. That last bit is the quickest way to get people to stop helping you.

I've learned most everything I know about cars thanks to this forum. Stick around and you'll learn quite a bit
Thanks man I'm all ears when it comes to advice, I figured joining a forum is a good place to start if I wanna get to know about cars do you perhaps have anything to advise I do, I mean the car is in decent shape engine runs good I know I need new shocks and struts idk what would be good to get but as of right now I'm just trying to do little upgrades before anything major. One more thing is the only way to upload a picture through a url?
Old 07-08-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Haynes manual or the service manuals (I have both, don't know much about the Chilton) are good resource

some very specific ones, look for ezone (our member) replies -they are really useful if you read them

service manual hardcopies can be found by Heim (or Helm?) webisite
Old 07-08-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
some very specific ones, look for ezone (our member) replies -they are really useful if you read them
Yeah, but I'm that guy:

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
don't brush off well written responses just because you don't like the answer. That last bit is the quickest way to get people to stop helping you.