6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Dash board lights go on and off

Old 03-09-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buzzlightyear is an unknown quantity at this point
Dash board lights go on and off

I am not really sure what's going on, but while driving with my lights on the dash board lights will go off and on, just wondering if anyone has experienced this and how to fix it???
Old 03-10-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Dash board lights go on and off

Sounds like a loose connection somewhere. Does it do it when you hit a bump?
Old 03-11-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buzzlightyear is an unknown quantity at this point

No it just will come off and on every minute of so
Doesn't matter if I hit a bump or whatever
Old 03-12-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

These type of problems can be a nightmare to troubleshoot because the problem could be in multiple places. While the car is experiencing the issue I would start removing dashboard parts and moving wires until the problem stops or changes to try and isolate where the issue is. Make sure all grounds are tight.

Search this Thread