6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

1997 civic dx P0700, P0715

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017
ati
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ati is an unknown quantity at this point
1997 civic dx P0700, P0715

Hello all,
I was searching for the solution to codes P0700, P0715, but did not get any till now, apart from swapping or rebuilding the tranny. I will start with the history of it, so that people can pin point the problem. Please bear with me.

History:
Part 1:
Bought it around 1.5 years back with the stock motor and transmission, where It had only 52k mileage on it. The prior owner did not drive it much and gave it to her daughter who eventually messed the front bumper and radiator support through a crash. I changed radiator support, radiator, coolant and etc. AFTER I REPLACE EVERYTHING I REALIZED THAT THE TRANSMISSION DIPSTICK WAS MISSING. so, I contacted her, and she said she was not able to cross the 40 mph speed due to "what not issue". so I put new dipstick, made drain - fill with HONDA ATF 3 times.
I cleaned, tested all the solenoids around 8 months ago. Since then it was driving extremely good. There was occasional tranny flare at 40 mph when it tried to move to the highest gear. but other than that it was running good.

Part 2: After driving for six months fantastically, one night my car got stolen. The thief drove the car for about 1000 in just about 7 days that includes mostly street driving. When I recovered the car from towyard and was driving back home, the P0700, P0715 codes came on, and seems like it stays there for ever. I also found an screw driver hanged inside the ignition switch where the key goes usually. The thief changed my battery and put a bug truck battery. That was so out of shape and was reclined in position. SO it was leaking some acid which eventually made some rust underneath the whole bottom part. I will soon fix that though.

Things I do to resolve:
1. Drain and fill three times.
2. replace speed sensor from Honda
3. replace mainshaft input sensor and counter shaft input sensor from autozone
4. added two inline filters (tranny to radiator and radiator to tranny)
5. Added transmission cooler but not the cooler fan.

Problem:
When the car is warmed up, from a stop sign, it goes to false neutral most of the time. But once it moves to 2nd gear it runs superb. Sometimes it goes to lower gear as well in free way.

Things I have observed:
There are little oil leaks seems coming out of the TCC solenoid. When work it goes to false neutral from a stop sign, especially when there is an uphill. When cold there is not issue.
Old 03-09-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 1997 civic dx P0700, P0715

I found this bulletin, may be of use? (PDF)

http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/Ho...023457_zzz.pdf