6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

98 Civic HX - Headlight Upgrades ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
longdrive352 is an unknown quantity at this point
98 Civic HX - Headlight Upgrades ?

Hey Everybody,

I'm trying to find current info on available and worthwhile Headlight (Tail and marker too for that matter) upgrades. All the lighting posts I've found look YEARS old though.

I want to use a projector with either LED or Xenon bulbs.

Do I have to mod a housing like I see discussed everywhere ? Or is there a good set of aftermarket projector headlights that people have had good experiences with?

I have owned 2 HX models in the last 8 years. The latest one is the 98 with 256k miles. I drive 3 hours a day (130 miles round trip) just commuting to work. I leave when its dark, and I come home in the dark for a good bit of the year.

I've cleaned the lenses several times, and they need it again. Before I use any time on it tho, I want to consider my options.

I'd LOVE to bring the car a little bit more into the present in terms of high quality lighting....not trashy chrome headlights... GOOD headlights. I'd like to find a quality set of LED tail units as well...and maybe even swap out the reverse lights and turn signals/markers with strong LED bulbs that can be relied on.

The things I want to avoid are:

--Blinding other drivers with LED or Xenon bulb upgrades that don't consider the housing

--Lighting that will stop working a couple months down the road

--Cheap looking gear

Thank you for any advice !
LD
Old 02-25-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 98 Civic HX - Headlight Upgrades ?

Hid retrofit. Go to theretrofitsource.com, grab a morimoto mini retrofit kit and don't look back. The closest to plug and play you can get

Aim them properly and you won't blind anyone
Old 02-25-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Hid retrofit. Go to theretrofitsource.com, grab a morimoto mini retrofit kit and don't look back. The closest to plug and play you can get

Aim them properly and you won't blind anyone
Thanks ! I appreciate the quick reply. I've been to their site and watched a few videos. Its definitely something I'm capable of doing. I just don't have a lot of time on my hands. Is there anybody around who either sells a complete setup, or will build them to order ?

Thanks again.
Old 02-25-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Where you located? If, by some off chance you're in Vegas, I'll do em for you
Old 02-25-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Where you located? If, by some off chance you're in Vegas, I'll do em for you
Dangit. No. I was just there for SHOT, but I live in NE FL. Thanks anyway.

LD