6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

removing stargard security system

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mbob is an unknown quantity at this point
removing stargard security system

I removed the stargard security system as after reading another post . It was a bunch of wires that came down to connecting one wire that was spliced. When I start the car it runs , but put in gear F or R the engine stalls out. It's a 2000 civic hx. The D light is flashing when put in any gear. I changed engine oil and trans oil just before this. Hit the little key below the dash and decided the security system didn't need to be there!!!
Am second owner and love this car and the cvt is awesome. Any ideas ?
Old 02-13-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: removing stargard security system

Flashing is because there is a transmission related fault code. Read codes, see what's up.

Could you have left something disconnected or incorrect after removing the alarm?
Old 02-20-2017
Registered!!

Ezone, have gone over my work and got codes manually as I don't have reader and can't drive the car. There was a black and white wire that was spliced into and after removing the mess did a good reconnect as it was originally. The codes are 2 long flash, - 7 long , - 4long +1short, - 6 long +5 short . According to the haynes book 7 long is trans problem. Having trouble finding what 2 flashes mean. Car starts , D is flashing constant in all shifter positions. Feels like trany has gone crazy, feels like e brake is set and car dies when put in reverse sometimes. Should I be investing in a reader or borrow one---- or a tow to the Honda dealer ? They don't seem to think my car is worth fixing the last time , the service manager is honest and helpful.
Old 02-20-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

You could go purchase a code reader, the cheapest of cheap can probably be had for less than $20....Better ones with more functions are gonna cost more of course.

Google 'torque app bluetooth', or check 'obd2 code reader' on google shopping?
Old 03-01-2017
Registered!!

After removing ss system, pun intended after finding info on Stargard Security, and going over the wires removed and the one splice in the starter system, engine starts and runs . But . Got a Actron scanner and have p1870, p1882 ,p1298 ,p0700 ,p1298 . Still trying to figure out what the tool means by " confirmed ", " current ", and/or numbers displayed with codes. The manual is a bit thin and the owner a bit thick.
Old 03-01-2017

P0700, generic for trans fault

P1870= Shift control linear solenoid (CVT speed change control solenoid circuit)
P1882= Inhibitor solenoid

These are for two of the solenoids inside the transmission.....I suppose wiring, continuity and resistance checks would be first checks. (first thought is rodent damaged wiring?)
One connector with about 7 wires in it, front of trans near the dipstick.

P1298= ELD electrical load detector...It's inside the fusebox, may just be a completely separate issue. Was the check engine light on?